Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watched the fight again. That was actually a close fight. (Cotto/Canelo)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I scored it 8-4 for Canelo, but like a few people have been pointing out: even the rounds Cotto won were very close, so it's not out of the realm of possibility to only give Cotto 2 rounds.

Comment

I watched it on BoxNation where the commentators were giving Cotto far too much credit. Still had it clear for Canelo. Might watch the HBO version if I can be arsed but seriously.....why the constant threads about this? The right guy won. There was no controversy. If you had Cotto winning then there's something wrong with you IMO.

I don't even think the scorecards were that bad. What rounds did Cotto clearly win?

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
        Watch it again cotto landed clean combos to the body and the head of Canelo. I've realized in boxing to be able to see the whole fight in a better perspective and a clearer picture of what transpired. You need to watch it again.

Cotto landed more. Canelo landed less but connected with the more heavier shots which he should he is after all 20lbs bigger.
        You say Cotto landed more punches but he didn't land as many punches as Canelo. You keep bringing up how much bigger Canelo was. Were the fight night weights announced and if so what were they? If the fight night weights weren't announce then you are just guessing that Canelo was 20 pounds heavier. The fight is supposed to be scored the way it was and Cotto doesn't get extra points for weighing less than Canelo. The punch counters had Canelo landing something like 30 or 40 more punches than Cotto. I don't remember the exact number but they said Canelo landed more punches. Maybe you will say the punch counters are pro Canelo but I think they are neutral. You sound very much like you have a pro Cotto agenda. You are entitled to your opinion but I think most observers had Canelo a clear winner by at least 8 rounds to 4.

Comment

The right man won.

Comment

of course it was closer then they said if people have not figured out hbo sways opinion in every fight towards the person who gives them their best return on investment they are clueless

Comment

Cotto was robbed. That's the reason why fans continue to make threads. There's a push by the boxing "business" to just sway everyone into ignoring what happened, but we won't. We demand an investigation!

Comment

i think some of you guys are just blinded by the canelo hate. Canelo won this fight.

Half of you guys are also saying Trout beat Canelo. That was EASY work for canelo.

The only close fight that could have been a draw was Lara.

you guys need to chill and re watch these fights without your hater shades on.

Comment

To those who don't get this thread.

This thread is about the judges giving a lopsided score card. Canelo did win, but it wasn't a one sided fight. It just isn't. But for some reason it was perceived to be one sided. You can argue a draw or even a win for cotto considering there was a lot of close rounds, but a win for Canelo is definitely alright.

Cotto may have lost, but not in the fashion the judges have it.

The script has been scored and written in the score cards even before the fight. Judges in Vegas are glaringly corrupt.
                  Last edited by Spoon23; 11-22-2015, 10:38 PM.

Comment

It was a win, not a razor thin win nor a dominant impressive win. Cotto has always been overrated and dropped the ball in big fights and nothing has changed.

I think people wanted that fight to have more fireworks or controversy than it did and are just trying to make a topic out of nothing now.

Comment

It was a clear win for Canelo, Cotto cant do better, he is old and lacks power against big durable guys.

This fight was underwhelming, both fighters fought carefully and didnt leave everything in the ring. I expected more fireworks, drama, heart etc. But both just fought preserved and it was actually quite boring.

Comment

Working...
                      X