No announcement yet.

Myth Busters: The Cuban Boxing Edition

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myth Busters: The Cuban Boxing Edition

Okay, okay, I admit it. Bob Arum paid me $100 to not watch the Guillermo Rigondeaux vs. Joseph Agbeko fight on 12/7/13 on HBO. I'm guilty. I also got a $100 check from Oscar De La Hoya to not watch the Erislandy Lara vs. Austin Trout fight on Showtime.

The real lucky ones were the folks that were at the Rigondeaux vs. Agbeko fight live at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, New Jersey. Rumors are that Bob Arum paid the attendees $500 each to leave when the Rigondeaux vs. Agbeko fight started.

Millions of people around the world were paid $100 each by Bob Arum and Oscar De La Hoya to not watch the Rigondeaux vs. Agbeko and Lara vs. Trout fights on HBO and Showtime, which lead to the record low ratings.

Well there's that. The myth that viewers don't tune in to watch Cuban fighters is BUSTED.

The next myth is that Cubans cannot sell out an arena. Most boxing fans believe that boxing is as simple as "black and white". Oh, but it's not, there's a "grey area" that only Cubans can see. Us boxing fans that aren't in the know do not have the Cuban vision so we don't know what's really going on. Only the Cubans can see the sold out crowds, whereas the less advanced boxing fans see an empty arena. Reality is wrong.

Well there goes the myth that Cubans can't sell out an arena. BUSTED.

The next myth is that nobody wants to see Cubans on networks that they pay their hard-earned money for such as HBO and Showtime, which is why Cuban fighters are so inactive.

The truth is that the Cuban boxers don't have the time to entertain the fans with their exciting performances. The U.S. Military hired all of the Cuban fighters to work at the Guantanamo Bay prison as a new method of torture. That's the real reason why the Cuban fighters are so infrequently in the ring. The U.S. military brings opponents to Guantanamo Bay to fight the Cubans, and they force prisoners to watch the fights. It's the newest and deadliest form of torture in the world. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. Word is the Cuban fighters get payed very well. Guillermo Rigondeaux's form of pay is that they allow him to rap in Spanish all day long. And they pay Erislandy Lara in pigeons. Yuriorkis Gamboa's earnings are all the steroids he wants of course. Mike Perez and Odlanier Solis get paid in food.

Well there goes the myth that nobody wants to watch the Cuban fighters. They're just busy. Myth BUSTED.
    Last edited by VAGAB0ND; 10-20-2014, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Comment

Lol at you talking to yourself. Even more lol at spending all that time making a thread nobody's gonna read. Did a Cuban fuk your mom or something?

Comment

Haha that **** was hilarious, especially the new torture ones.

Comment

Damn well thought out, well planned and a EPIC FAIL!!!

Damn dude

1) you take this **** way too seriously

2) your had some ok one but all and all not very funny

3) you have WAYYY TOO MUCH free time on your hands

Comment

this guy is obsessed, he hasn't seen Savigne fight, Dorticos, Gonzalez, Collado, Socarras, Gamboas brothers, Ortiz, Garcia, Forestal, Ramon Luis and a few more that are escaping my mind now, what A$$...

Comment

lmfao its funny cause it true.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                    Lol at you talking to yourself. Even more lol at spending all that time making a thread nobody's gonna read. Did a Cuban fuk your mom or something?
                    Those glorious tears, . I didn't think you'd be on here since there's a Love And Hip Hop marathon on TV right now. I think The Real Housewives Of Atlanta is on after that so I'm sure you'll be busy for a while.

Comment

Working...
                    X