Comments Thread For: Hearn Agrees With Arum on Showtime Leaving Boxing like HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thankfully these two cretins don’t have any fighters with showtime

Comment

Showtiime don't know how to build stars.
      They don't seem to know how to keep the momentum going when it starts rolling.

Comment

Paulie Malignaggi was on DAZN commentating.
        Jimmy Lennon Jr was introducing Top Rank's main event,
        "Iiiiiit's Showtime!"
        Two Showtime characters...

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
          Showtiime don't know how to build stars.
          Then why is everyone always demanding to see their fighters fight more often? Top Rank, Golden Boy, Matchroom, they all have plenty of fighters only fighting once or twice a year. Or even less.

But it's the Charlos, the Thurmans, the Tanks, the Mikeys, the Spences etc you see people *****ing about. Why? Because Showtime knows how to make people care about fighters and want to see more of them. Where are the threads demanding that Andy Ruiz fight more often?

Comment

Don't know how it really works but if you watch on your tv then I can't see it overtaking Showtime in us. The numbers were so down for the first Crawford fight on ESPN+. I heard unless you have mirror screening you had to watch on your device.

Comment

Originally posted by Manlikefemi View Post
              Exactly, you’re from the UK, you have no clue about how things work in the US. You’re just blindly rooting for Hearn out of deluded patrotisim. Don’t comment on something you have known nothing about as you have just admitted
              At least I'm showing an interest in something outside my own corner of the world. The problem with people like you is complete willful ignorance; xenophobia bordering on racism really. Try stepping outside of your hometown sometime sunshine, then maybe visit another state, and finally a different country. You'll be surprised at just how much your mind opens up. For someone who lives in such a big country, you seem to have a bigoted small town mentality.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamsc151 View Post
                At least I'm showing an interest in something outside my own corner of the world. The problem with people like you is complete willful ignorance; xenophobia bordering on racism really. Try stepping outside of your hometown sometime sunshine, then maybe visit another state, and finally a different country. You'll be surprised at just how much your mind opens up. For someone who lives in such a big country, you seem to have a bigoted small town mentality.
                I don’t need go to another country, i’m in the most powerful and wealthiest one.
                Why do you think Eddie Hearn has come running over here, he wants some of that American Dream and be alongside the Big Boys

Comment

I don’t need go to another country, i’m in the most powerful and wealthiest one.
                  Why do you think Eddie Hearn has come running over here, he wants some of that American Dream and be alongside the Big Boys
                  I don't NEED to go to other countries either boyo (at least outside of work I don't), more than happy with home comforts. However I do CHOOSE to visit other nations from time to time. It broadens the horizons, and you literally feel the bigotry and xenophobia slipping away once you actually meet and converse with people of other cultures/nationalities. You may not need to go abroad, it probably wont kill you if you don't. But it'll probably enhance your wisdom and personality to give it a try. I recommend serving in the military, you get to see the world and be patriotic all at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamsc151 View Post
                    I don't NEED to go to other countries either boyo (at least outside of work I don't), more than happy with home comforts. However I do CHOOSE to visit other nations from time to time. It broadens the horizons, and you literally feel the bigotry and xenophobia slipping away once you actually meet and converse with people of other cultures/nationalities. You may not need to go abroad, it probably wont kill you if you don't. But it'll probably enhance your wisdom and personality to give it a try. I recommend serving in the military, you get to see the world and be patriotic all at the same time.
                    I’m being real. There’s literally no need to, it’s not that I don’t want to.
                    But in the US you have everything from safari parks to countryside to urban to rural to beautiful weather.
                    Everything is available.

Comment

I’m being real. There’s literally no need to, it’s not that I don’t want to.
                      But in the US you have everything from safari parks to countryside to urban to rural to beautiful weather.
                      Everything is available.
                      There is a lot available in the US, I've been to a few different states with work and enjoyed every time - apart from a boring stop-over in Reston near Washington. The main thing USA does struggle with in my experience is a a different view-point. Everything's all GO USA!!! and while patriotism is a fine thing, when not balanced with experience/knowledge of the rest of the world it can and does lead to segregation. All you have to do is look at the likes of Russia, China, N.Korea, Iran etc to see what happens when a country becomes completely self absorbed in believing that they are better than the rest of the world - they are treated with suspicion by absolutely everyone else.

Comment

Working...
                      X