No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Donald Trump thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As to my being Jewish, I am.

I may have had a Jewish ancestor 6-10 generations ago.

As we all know from events this week, that makes me a Jew.

(For the grubers here, I'm being sarcastic. )

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
      Sometimes I block things out that I don't particularly consider important or relevant or interesting. This morning as I drove to work - I usually listen to NPR - and they were interviewing voters in California about the congressional elections. One women was pro Trump (she was actually Japanese, yeah can you believe it) and she said that she's voting republican because if the Democrats get control of the house then they will push for impeachment.

Later this morning I was listening to Glenn Beck and he said the same thing (democrats will push for impeachment) and additionally democrats will push to impeach Kavanaugh and the country will be more divided.

I guess I wasn't paying this too much attention - democrats controlling the congress and pushing for impeachment. I am really fearful of this and think this really impacts the social cohesion of this country and makes us more divided.

What do other people think of this (the prospect of impeachment)?
      The country isn't going to heal or come together by Democrats just letting Republicans have their way. I think if impeachment happens and Republicans get upset, so be it. I see no reason why Democrats need to sit back and do nothing.

Democrats should operate the same way Republicans do if they get control-block Trump's agenda and keep the country at a stand still until a Democrat is elected President.

It is disingenuous to want to stop petty and devise politics only when the party you support loses power.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        The country isn't going to heal or come together by Democrats just letting Republicans have their way. I think if impeachment happens and Republicans get upset, so be it. I see no reason why Democrats need to sit back and do nothing.

Democrats should operate the same way Republicans do if they get control-block Trump's agenda and keep the country at a stand still until a Democrat is elected President.

It is disingenuous to want to stop petty and devise politics only when the party you support loses power.
        I swear it's like every Trump supporter forgot all the crap Republican elected officials did during Obama's presidency with almost no criticism about how "divisive" they were being

Comment

I supported Obama and think he did a decent job. I support Donald Trump and rooting for him to do a good job.

If Trump is impeached then I think destabilizes America and makes us more divided, thus I am adamantly against it.

Comment

I supported Obama and think he did a decent job. I support Donald Trump and rooting for him to do a good job.

If Trump is impeached then I think destabilizes America and makes us more divided, thus I am adamantly against it.
            In my last sentence I was speaking in general terms, not specifically to you.

It feels like you are saying don't do what is right. do what is easy. That isn't how America should work BG.

If Trump deserves to be impeached, I'm not saying he does, then the Dems should do it. If certain republicans (and you know who I'm talking about) get upset so what? This isn't just their country, it's all of ours.

Republicans have used divisive tactics to reshape the courts , voting districts etc. etc.

Why should Dems put the country first when Republicans put party first?

edit: Republicans should join in on impeachment if warranted. If not, Dems and Republicans should avoid doing so. Any impeachment must be merit based or I personally will not support it.
            Last edited by The Big Dunn; 10-19-2018, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Exactly.

And what can they impeach him for??

They have no evidence of any high crimes. None.

Just because Trump made them cry is not reason for impeachment.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                I swear it's like every Trump supporter forgot all the crap Republican elected officials did during Obama's presidency with almost no criticism about how "divisive" they were being
                Yeah. There seems to be 2 sets of rules. If Dems continue to allow that then they are fools. I respect Michelle Obama but it's time to go low when they go low.

There is no virtue in losing with dignity in America anymore.

Comment

In my last sentence I was speaking in general terms, not specifically to you.

It feels like you are saying don't do what is right. do what is easy. That isn't how America should work BG.

If Trump deserves to be impeached, I'm not saying he does, then the Dems should do it. If certain republicans (and you know who I'm talking about) get upset so what? This isn't just their country, it's all of ours.

Republicans have used divisive tactics to reshape the courts , voting districts etc. etc.

Why should Dems put the country first when Republicans put party first?

edit: Republicans should join in on impeachment if warranted. If not, Dems and Republicans should avoid doing so. Any impeachment must be merit based or I personally will not support it.
                  What has Trump done to warrant impeachment? If the answer is nothing, then why are D talking about if?

Comment

• Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                    What has Trump done to warrant impeachment? If the answer is nothing, then why are D talking about if?
                    I am not saying he has done anything as of now. I made it clear only if warranted.

My larger point is IMO Republicans didn't give a sh-t about fracturing the country so I see no reason why anyone would ask Dems to think about that before proceeding with whatever they might do once they get power.

Comment

I am not saying he has done anything as of now. I made it clear only if warranted.

My larger point is IMO Republicans didn't give a sh-t about fracturing the country so I see no reason why anyone would ask Dems to think about that before proceeding with whatever they might do once they get power.
                      Of course, with me being a white conservative, I didn't read you correctly, but when you mentioned to Boston Guy about "not doing what's right", I assumed you meant that impeachment was what's right.

As far as continuing the divisiveness, I have to imagine that the more intelligent, better educated, more cultured liberals would be able to conduct themselves better than the poor, ignorant, toothless white trailer trash Republicans.

Comment

Working...
                      X