Comments Thread For: Showtime's Spence-Ocampo Main Event Peaked at 726K Viewers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    Pretty good numbers for Showtime.
    683k seems solid. Looks like there was zero interest in any of the undercard.

Comment

Definitely thought it was going to do much less but this just shows that Spence is slowly turning into a prizefighter. Hopefully a Spence/Crawford fight happens soon. However, Crawford's team need to showcase him better because ESPN app will not add to his audience.

Comment

Wow way better than i thought it would do and ima spence fan,if it went more than 1 round it might have did more,danny garcia and shawn porter dont have a leg to stand on anymore,both they last two fights did barely 600,000 views and they was fighting nobodies like spence

Comment

Originally posted by mabulkhair View Post
          Definitely thought it was going to do much less but this just shows that Spence is slowly turning into a prizefighter. Hopefully a Spence/Crawford fight happens soon. However, Crawford's team need to showcase him better because ESPN app will not add to his audience.
          You know, I’m starting to think Spence could be a full-blown star. I was doubtful before, but the climb has been impressive.

And if you think about it, it makes sense. US Olympian who, coincidentally (probably not) was featured in front of 4-6m viewers a couple years ago right after the Olympic games on NBC aired.

He’s been maneuvered well. I remember they announced him in the sidelines of a Giants-Cowboys game. And now his #’s are climbing. He could potentially get the Garcia-Porter winner and Keith Thurman within the next 12 months. If that happens, look out.

Comment

Is that good, bad or mediocre?

Comment

These 3 minute fights always have inflated numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                Is that good, bad or mediocre?
                It's pretty darn good. The only fighters with peaks higher than this for the year are Wilder and Broner.

The average was better than every fight but those two as well. Considering he was fighting a nobody it's even better. Garcia and Porter fought nobodies recently and neither one crossed a peak of 650k live viewers.

*don't forget these views are likely not counting another 150k - 200k Showtime app boxing users (like me)

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                  It's pretty darn good. The only fighters with peaks higher than this for the year are Wilder and Broner.

The average was better than every fight but those two as well. Considering he was fighting a nobody it's even better. Garcia and Porter fought nobodies recently and neither one crossed a peak of 650k live viewers.

*don't forget these views are likely not counting another 150k - 200k Showtime app boxing users (like me)
                  the 683 is okay it’s not third highest of the year doe unless u are only comparing showtime.

Comment

Man Down !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                      These 3 minute fights always have inflated numbers.
                      Actually he likely hurt his peak audience with the fight ending so soon. Probably would've topped out over 800k if it would've been allowed to build up. There was a jump of over 200k viewers from the first fight to the main event. And another 50k from the lead-in fight. Probably would've gotten another 50k (or more) with a little more time.
                      Last edited by Butch.McRae; 06-19-2018, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X