Any free checking accounts anymore?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
    75k to cover bills. big house? lol

Yea I use banks to online pay bills. That's it. I keep maybe 500 over my bills to cover incidentals. The rest of my money goes into mutual funds and beyond that it all gets spent.

Cash is king. I don't leave home without it.
    Truth. Dont forget the safe lol.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
      Credit union. Free.
      Yep. The only banking I do is through credit unions. Nah i'm lying, just remembered I still had my old Wachovia account that's now Wells Fargo since they bought them. I think I have an allotment going there for a bill

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
        75k to cover bills. big house? lol

Yea I use banks to online pay bills. That's it. I keep maybe 500 over my bills to cover incidentals. The rest of my money goes into mutual funds and beyond that it all gets spent.

Cash is king. I don't leave home without it.
        When I was a GM Id have on average about 100K to 150K in there not cause I wanted to but just let the direct deposit hit and was too busy to move it around.

Now I dont make that type of money anymore and for the first time went below 75K and will probably be below it until about early next year.

I see there next level down is 15K minimum which I can stay well above obviously unless shat really hit the fan.

Are you able to pay all your bills online via credit union? If so I'd probably move most of it then but again im always in a new town for work like once a month so im always gonna need a nationwide bank and atms handy no matter what. unless I move to a new job that keeps me in the central office all day which id probably kill myself if I had to do.

Comment

I have wells fargo and its only 25k min to get free checks. I pay my lawnmower dude using physical check. Even some bills need checking account to pay like mortgage. Those who are asking why you need checking account are bums who never work or pay bills

Comment

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
            I have wells fargo and its only 25k min to get free checks. I pay my lawnmower dude using physical check. Even some bills need checking account to pay like mortgage. Those who are asking why you need checking account are bums who never work or pay bills
            Bro I agree with u like probably 60 to 65% of the time but this time you are dead on!

It kind of worries me how when some people comment it shows they like never left daddy's roof or something?

But yeah bro I used to have wells fargo but they kept Fn me on mysterious charges I then said whats going on and each time they said oh dont worry and then they removed them. I told them im giving you 3 strikes and im closing my account, it was actually 5 strikes as I was too busy to close and move the account to another bank.

Then like a month later the CEO of WF was in front of congress because of that big scandal and now we are all part of the class action lawsuit lol.

becareful bro with WF!

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
              Truth. Dont forget the safe lol.
              greent. yes gotta have that. Also got a safe deposit box in a bank to keep my one ridiculous watch and cash.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
                When I was a GM Id have on average about 100K to 150K in there not cause I wanted to but just let the direct deposit hit and was too busy to move it around.

Now I dont make that type of money anymore and for the first time went below 75K and will probably be below it until about early next year.

I see there next level down is 15K minimum which I can stay well above obviously unless shat really hit the fan.

Are you able to pay all your bills online via credit union? If so I'd probably move most of it then but again im always in a new town for work like once a month so im always gonna need a nationwide bank and atms handy no matter what. unless I move to a new job that keeps me in the central office all day which id probably kill myself if I had to do.
                yes you can pay online with a credit union. I did it. A credit union I think is simply a bank that is non profit. Someone else in the know can chime in.

But if your a traveler especially for work a national bank may be convenient. You will have to pay for that convenience.

Comment

We have a couple checking accounts with Chase and they only charge $15 on one of them. I live in a different state though.

The good thing is it is a business account so we had them put the charge on that on. Helps a bit at tax time.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                    We have a couple checking accounts with Chase and they only charge $15 on one of them. I live in a different state though.

The good thing is it is a business account so we had them put the charge on that on. Helps a bit at tax time.
                    damn I forgot I have a business account too. back in my GM days/transitioning into an entrepreneur and vice versa I bought a few investments and everyone told me to open a separate business account. for tax purposes etc. I did this and never touched it. But I think thats why I ended up with the higher level account then?

Now im wondering if they'd even allow me to down grade to the 15K account with the way my current set up is????

Thing is I dont trust bankers when I go in there they all seem full of shat and they all are trying to sell us stuff and sign us up for shat we never fully agreed to or fully understand as in the case how I am where I am now.

Comment

You guys are weird. I have Aspiration and Capital One and don't pay any fees and any atm fees are reversed. Aspiration I can use everywhere for free even international. Capital one it just has to be a certain kind of atm that's usually located anywhere I go.

This was also the same when I had Ally.

These are online banks. The only issue is deposits of large amounts. Capital One I have to go to a cafe-if it's over 5k and that was super easy to do.
                      Aspiration I mail it in if it's over a certain amount.

Direct deposit is fine too.

I guess I understand if you need a physical bank but I haven't had the need for years.

Also, credit unions are great idea and Charles Schwab is super good too if you have a brokerage account (I do with Aspiration as well).
                      Last edited by jreckoning; 06-18-2019, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X