Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

James Ali Bashir: Klitschko Dropped Wilder In Sparring So Bad It's a KO In Pro Fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Wilder prove thus-far in his career, that he has a solid punch resistance? Anthony Joshua has proven that he is more durable!

Comment

Sparring stories don't bother me at all. You can't expect to spar thousands of rounds without incident. Its also a time when different things are practised. Who cares.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
        I totally disagree with you on the first part you have to pay really close attention because Wilder is not a standard sort of boxer. It is not a text book style and I certainly wouldn't tell anyone to watch Wilder to fight to learn how to fight, but some guys you don't change too much you have to let them figure out how to work some things into how they fight rather than trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

WE have argued the Szpilka fight before in which i think you way overblown his success before being stretchered out of the arena and Washington wasn't really doing much of anything to Wilder Wilder just did less until round 4 when he opened up he won the round then stopped Washington the next round.

Heavy is usually pretty shallow though, rarely will there be more than a couple really good guys with maybe another coming up or falling off just behind.
        I call losing four straight rounds before stopping a guy being outboxed, you can cut it how you like. If Washington with his relative little skill ad power he'd have stopped Wilder, the guy is useless hence the reason Wilder fought him.

Szpilka was ahead on the cards at the time of stoppage, maybe not the official cards but as I said this guy is being baby sat to a cash out, that would have come against Povetkin but he lucked out again.

You wouldn't tell anyone to watch Wilder learning to box as he can't box, an Olympic bronze ? The Olympians that year must have been shockers.

Comment

Originally posted by redmish View Post
          Sparring stories don't bother me at all. You can't expect to spar thousands of rounds without incident. Its also a time when different things are practised. Who cares.
          Interesting point, I believe the sparring was halted immediately as not to completely destroy Wilder's confidence.

Comment

In his defense, sparring five years ago and fighting today are worlds apart.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
              2012 was a long time ago~ especially for Wilder.

He turned pro late 08 or early 09 so he was pro maybe 3.5 years at that point. Pretty much everyone knew who was being honest that Wilder was at least 5 years away when he started out, if he was going to be anything. That was smack bang in that process and it was likely a very good learning experience being with Wlad in the gym and learning how to really work in the gym.

Which you can see in Wilder now because he does look like he puts in solid work in the gym and works to get better (in his way) there.
              You're acting like Wilder has gotten any better since then, lol. Dude was getting thoroughly outboxed by Gerald fking Washington!!! Wilder is lucky he packs so much power in that right hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                You're acting like Wilder has gotten any better since then, lol. Dude was getting thoroughly outboxed by Gerald fking Washington!!! Wilder is lucky he packs so much power in that right hand.
                If you don't see improvement in Wilder from 2012 to today then I don't know what to tell you but that is not my issue.

He is clearly much better, he really wasn't getting outboxed that badly and when Wilder turned it on the fight ended so I don't get why you bring that fight up? Wilder sat around for three rounds, started punching in round 4 clearly won that round and ended the fight in round 5 that means a lot to you?

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
                  I call losing four straight rounds before stopping a guy being outboxed, you can cut it how you like. If Washington with his relative little skill ad power he'd have stopped Wilder, the guy is useless hence the reason Wilder fought him.

Szpilka was ahead on the cards at the time of stoppage, maybe not the official cards but as I said this guy is being baby sat to a cash out, that would have come against Povetkin but he lucked out again.

You wouldn't tell anyone to watch Wilder learning to box as he can't box, an Olympic bronze ? The Olympians that year must have been shockers.
                  Wilder did not lose round 4 to Washington, so if you think he lost round 4 we need not talk further.

Szpilka was behind on all the cards and was getting hit with the better shots all night, yea he made Wilder miss and Wilder look clumsy in spot but all the best shots were landed by Wilder as Szpilka did not do much to him. That is not what I call winning a fight.

So watch those fights again, I watched Szpilka the other day no way was he winning, that is a total myth watch it again and actually look at who is landing the punches .

Comment

Its pretty well known that Wlad is an absolute beast in sparring, more so than in a real fight.

Imagine some one with Wlads skill and power, with the confidence of having headgear on.

Doesnt surprise me one bit if he ko'd wilder at that point in their careers. Says little about what Wilder brings now.

Comment

means nothing now imo.But I don't think either Joshua or Wilder(who I'm fans of both)will ever be mistakin for Ray Mercer when it comes to chins.

Comment

Working...
                      X