Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Mayweather have gone through sugar shane mosley's resume undefeated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes............

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
      yes............
      Easy work?

Comment

Originally posted by The Viper View Post
        Easy work?
        No..not easy at all..Winky and Vernon would give him hell..Vernon is his biggest challenge and dont let me forget prime Oscar

Comment

No..not easy at all..Winky and Vernon would give him hell..Vernon is his biggest challenge and dont let me forget prime Oscar
          not that i don't think he could beat one of them on a given night....i agree vernon is his biggest challenge not winky....i just don't see him going 6-0 against them....but i respect your opinion man.....

Comment

you think those six fights would of been may's toughest had he fought them?

Comment

well Mosley faced prime Oscar twice.. prime vs prime Oscar and Floyd would always be a close toss up fight.

then you got prime Vernon Forrest. a great boxer with a terrific jab. Floyd outpoints him in a close one.

then it's prime Winky Wright. actually Floyd and Winky had a date set to fight on November 12, 2005. they agreed to 154 lbs with a rehydration limit of 8 lbs. fight broke apart due to money, according to Gary Shaw. he wanted 50-50, while Arum/Floyd said 55-45.

who would've won? Floyd jumping up to 154 to face the best jab in the sport at the time. Winky is a stylistic nightmare for Mayweather, he loses this one pretty decisively.

then it's Fernando Vargas (2006) version. Floyd stops this Vargas in late rounds.

2007 Miguel Cotto would give 2007 Floyd hell with his pressure, jabs and inside work. toss up fight as well. can't choose. maybe a draw.

Ricardo Mayorga. . Floyd wins wide on points, Ricardo eats everything Floyd throws, loses 12-0 shutout.

Antonio Margarito. plaster or not, this is a stylistic nightmare for Floyd. endless pressure, granite chin, great body attack and a will that was unbreakable. I give Floyd this one by SD.

then you got 2011 Manny Pacquiao. . who knows man.. all I know is by 2015 both Manny and Floyd were past it. prime vs prime it's a toss up. can't call it.

Canelo Alvarez.. Floyd schools him at any weight imo but I didn't like the 152 weight because he gave Canelo a built in excuse.

so does Floyd run through Forrest, Winky, Oscar, Vargas, Margarito, Pacquiao, Mayorga, Canelo, Cotto undefeated? ..No

Comment

do you think those three guys in there prime was better than all the fighters may faced?
                while both may and ssm moved up, mays power didnt. ssm was better prepared for his move up while may had to make serious adjustments. how to keep those bigger stronger guys of of him.

prime winky, vernon and dlh were no fncking joke. i would say yes. they were better than every prime guy may fought. some guys are better suited for moving up, others struggle if not fail.

if, if, if.......if only mays power moved up with him 24/26 kos came below ww.

Comment

Originally posted by DeLorean View Post
                  well Mosley faced prime Oscar twice.. prime vs prime Oscar and Floyd would always be a close toss up fight.

then you got prime Vernon Forrest. a great boxer with a terrific jab. Floyd outpoints him in a close one.

then it's prime Winky Wright. actually Floyd and Winky had a date set to fight on November 12, 2005. they agreed to 154 lbs with a rehydration limit of 8 lbs. fight broke apart due to money, according to Gary Shaw. he wanted 50-50, while Arum/Floyd said 55-45.

who would've won? Floyd jumping up to 154 to face the best jab in the sport at the time. Winky is a stylistic nightmare for Mayweather, he loses this one pretty decisively.

then it's Fernando Vargas (2006) version. Floyd stops this Vargas in late rounds.

2007 Miguel Cotto would give 2007 Floyd hell with his pressure, jabs and inside work. toss up fight as well. can't choose. maybe a draw.

Ricardo Mayorga. . Floyd wins wide on points, Ricardo eats everything Floyd throws, loses 12-0 shutout.

Antonio Margarito. plaster or not, this is a stylistic nightmare for Floyd. endless pressure, granite chin, great body attack and a will that was unbreakable. I give Floyd this one by SD.

then you got 2011 Manny Pacquiao. . who knows man.. all I know is by 2015 both Manny and Floyd were past it. prime vs prime it's a toss up. can't call it.

Canelo Alvarez.. Floyd schools him at any weight imo but I didn't like the 152 weight because he gave Canelo a built in excuse.

so does Floyd run through Forrest, Winky, Oscar, Vargas, Margarito, Pacquiao, Mayorga, Canelo, Cotto undefeated? ..No
                  That's a pretty good breakdown.....he fought forest twice though.......

Comment

Originally posted by DeLorean View Post

i think mays brains makes easy work of margaritos brawn.

margarito appeared to be a beast vs a certain style; pw walked to him, cintron walked to him, clottey was giving him the business for a while, cotto gassed himself before he was taken out....

i dont see margarito ever being good enough to apply this ''pressure''.

we will never know, BUT, given what weve seen, may has beaten guys like/similar to margarito. did margarito ever beat a guy like may ? definitely not a perfect formula for comparison.

Comment

you think those six fights would of been may's toughest had he fought them?
                      I dont think he would have had to rematch them all..I see him beating Winky clearly as well as Oscar

Comment

Working...
                      X