Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early Prediction Thread for Saul "Canelo" Alvarez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Prediction Thread for Saul "Canelo" Alvarez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.

I love my steak and shrimp but every once in a while you need a cheat meal like a supreme pizza and ice cream. This fight is the latter. Big event, guaranteed action but a circus nevertheless.

Who wins and how?
    Canelo by (T)KO
    45.76%
    Canelo by Decision
    40.68%
    Chavez Jr. by (T)KO
    11.86%
    Chavez Jr. by Decision
    1.69%
    Draw
    0.00%

will reserve official prediction until i see the weigh in and the rumours about how chavez's camp has gone. However, as ive said before, this has the potential for a cherry pick gone wrong if chavez is fresh. Canelos not used to fighting people the same size as him, let alone bigger than him. He doesnt have the style to dance round chavez, his footwork is really poor for a world level fighter. People underestimate how huge an advantage canelos had at 154 with his ability to rehydrate, hes been fighting people much lighter than him. Im not sold on his skills at all and i think against someone his own size hes going to get found out. Hes very hittable and im not sure his shots are going to have the same effect against a bigger man.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
      will reserve official prediction until i see the weigh in and the rumours about how chavez's camp has gone. However, as ive said before, this has the potential for a cherry pick gone wrong if chavez is fresh. Canelos not used to fighting people the same size as him, let alone bigger than him. He doesnt have the style to dance round chavez, his footwork is really poor for a world level fighter. People underestimate how huge an advantage canelos had at 154 with his ability to rehydrate, hes been fighting people much lighter than him. Im not sold on his skills at all and i think against someone his own size hes going to get found out. Hes very hittable and im not sure his shots are going to have the same effect against a bigger man.
      I have a hard time picking a fighter to win just cause he's bigger. Especially at this level.

Comment

Canelo is not going to be able to miss him, and if Chavez is at all drained then he's getting slept

It only gets interesting if somehow Chavez does the weight comfortably and Canelo gasses during the fight, then we might get our upset

Comment

I see Jr stopping Canelo by tko, or Canelo stopping Jr via body shots.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
            I think you are slightly exaggerating Canelo's weaknesses but the rest is on point. The Chavez Jr that knocked out Andy Lee would be a serious threat to Canelo. I'll be keeping my eyes open for how Chavez Jr looks throughout the training camp, but he has looked so bad for so long that I'm not optimistic.

Comment

Jr will score a late TKO rally after being outboxed most of the fight!

Business cash fight gone horribly wrong for Canelo, he'll be fighting a guy who will blow up to 190 easily!

Son of a Legend scores the biggest win of his career!

Comment

This will be like Pacman vs Margarito where the only question is does Chavez corner care about him and stop the fight or do they let him suffer career beating that he likely won't be the same from. Chavez is a big boy and Canelo much smaller so not sure Canelo can drop him so my guess is it's target practice and Chavez is lit up until he quits on the stool or his corner throws in the towel.

Comment

Cantnelo by usual mismatch massacre

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                    I have a hard time picking a fighter to win just cause he's bigger. Especially at this level.
                    yeah, but thats what im getting at really. Once canelo loses the size advantage he has, his skills are going to be shown to be very limited. Im not impressed with canelo at all and i think people are getting seriously carried away with him winning the cotto fight, a guy who trout won almost every round against. Canelo looked abysmal against mayweather, that was an absolute schooling, and i can not erase that from my mind when we talk about canelo. I know how great mayweather is but an elite fighter who was bigger should not get schooled like that, was one of his easiest ever wins.. His feet looked like they were stuck in the mud. He was significantly bigger than lara and he struggled in that fight too, he didnt look great to me against khan either, until his size advantage led to the KO. Im genuinely not saying this cause i dont like him, i just dont rate him at all. I dont think he can do to chavez what martinez did to him.

Comment

Working...
                    X