Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something that's being overlooked in the Kovalev/Ward fight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    Yeah and without Trump's 3.7 billion dollars, he's not a billionaire.
    Trump isn't a billionaire.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
      First round was fairly even as I recall. Lot of exploratory movent and jabbing from Sillakh, some body jabs from Kovalev I think...

Let's drag it up.

EDIT: yeah fairly even. Forgotten how well Sillakh moves - guys really light on his feet for the size, but that chin.... Notable however is about a minute inwhen Kovalev seems to be clipped with a hook or something whilst pursuing Sillakh and kinda stumbles a bit... I've mentioned before I think Ward has the timing to catch him on the move for flash knockdown - Sergei can cover ground fast, but as for most movers it's also a point of vulnerability.
      This is a great unbiased observation. I think Kovalev could potentially be caught off balance for a knockdown, if Caparello can catch him than Ward should be able to do so as well. I think the main factors of this fight will be can Ward take Kovalev's power and will his infighting be effective against a naturally larger man and how has the inactivity effected him overall. Since Ward seems to have all of the questions, I think Kovalev is the safe pick here.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
        Ward is way way more hittable than people think
        Why are you giving your opinion when you can post the facts? What are his career compubox numbers?

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
          honestly call me crazy but i dont rule out this fight looking too dissimilar to that. People will genuinely think im saying this stuff as a 'i hate ward' post but ive said it all along, this could be a demolition job. Maybe i'll be left with egg on my face and get it wrong, but i really think kovalev could just walk straight through him. Ward is way way more hittable than people think
          I don't think that's too far-fetched a theory. Ward is moving up in weight after inactivity and facing a larger prime opponent with crazy power. Ward's style also depends on physicality to a degree and I'm not sure it'll be as effective against larger opponents. I do hope that we see the best version of Ward, though. I just want a good fight,the last thing we need to see is Ward behaving like Hopkins after he feels Kovalev's power.

Comment

I began my prediction with Ward winning a ud, but as I've studied each of their recent fights more I've began to waver. I think that my final prediction will be Kovalev mid round ko. I think that he eventually catches Ward on the end of one his punches and that the power will prove to be too much. I hope I'm wrong though.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
              No way, Silakh won the first round fairly easily.... .
              Neither won round one "easily", half-wit. They were just feeling each other out.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                Neither won round one "easily", half-wit. They were just feeling each other out.
                A feel out round can still be won you racist bastard.

Comment

Working...
                X