No announcement yet.

Margarito vs Cotto 2? Without the eye issue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hyper Knuckles View Post
    That's what I'm having trouble figuring out. In the ninth round, which Robert Garcia praised as Tony's best yet, he did nothing of real importance other than get off on a few pushed punches and march forwards unto further punishment. Had the eye been ok I still see Cotto outpointing Margarito.

Cotto had the answer wrapping Margarito up good and walking him back, cranking out power punches at a steady economical pace. Nearing the end both men appeared exhausted but Cotto's sharper wit and ability to smother Tony's offense gave him the edge. I agree he was tiring but he wasn't in survival mode like in the the first fight.

Cotto would have continued to box all night to a decision. Uppercuts, hooks, jabs he threw everything at Margs... it was becoming an exhibition. If anything, the second fight was a farce of the original.
    Correct. Dudes are trying to get that "Imagine if?" victory by any means necessary. Cotto V Margarito 1 without the plaster is the REAL question.

Comment

I've only seen the fight once, and I don't know if it's my mind playing tricks on me, but watching it live, I saw it going the same way as the first at the time. Cotto boxing superbly early on, but Margarito having some success to the body and Cotto slowing a bit.

Comment

cotto still had a hard time with the margarito pac toyed. but yes, it would have been interesting without the eye issue. cotto wouldnt have busted margo's eye without the pac fight beforehand, so clearly it mattered.

Comment

Working...
        X