Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 02-21-2020, 01:10 PM #41
Contender

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Since1976 has a spectacular aura aboutSince1976 has a spectacular aura aboutSince1976 has a spectacular aura about
Bank: 1,328.82
Total Points: 11,747.63

Not sure about that. This is the only sport i watch religiously and I can't even remember the last time i pad for PPV headlining HWs.
Probably RJ vs Ruiz. The HW doesn't have the talent or depth worthy of my hard earned $$. These 2 cats have been playing us fully knowing they had an understanding that they were gonna act as crazy as they could to sell the fight. No real animosity or even a real rivalry between the two, but that's just my opinion. UK might bring this post the 350K mark, but i doubt they'll hit the i million sales between North America and Europe.
Since1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 01:44 PM #42
Contender

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
CocoonOfHorror has a spectacular aura aboutCocoonOfHorror has a spectacular aura about
Bank: 1,453.63
Total Points: 11,222.18

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDBC Slayer View Post
Agree.

Their marketing costs for this fight are HIGH.

They need huge numbers. If it's sub 800k I'd call that a financial disaster
In the article they claim "will need to generate somewhere between 1.1 and 1.2 million buys for the networks just to break even."

However, it's highly dependent on what portion of PPV buys are digital buys through apps. For digital (ESPN+/Fox Sports App), ESPN or Fox won't have to share revenue with the cable distributor ($80 minus whatever cut the fighters are getting). For buys through a TV system, ESPN and Fox are probably splitting roughly 50% of the price the consumer pays (so ~$20 each).
CocoonOfHorror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 01:58 PM #43
WBC WBA IBF

Quoted: 219 Post(s)
World Champion has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Champion has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Champion has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Champion has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Champion has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Champion has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Champion has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Champion has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Champion has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Champion has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Champion has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 74,170.86

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyBlanco View Post
Ever heard of "opportunity cost"?

ESPN and ABC ran 30-second spots during XFL and college football and during SportsCenter, among other things. Those are spots that would have easily sold for actual money
That's not how it works. Ad inventory and promotional inventory are two different things.
World Champion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 02:29 PM #44
North America Runs Boxing

Quoted: 16913 Post(s)
ShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 492,358.71
Total Points: 512,506.98
excellent posts mate - Alx. good post about Wlad being like Bute - RossCA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA brewed just 4 u - sugarsmosley 
valuable advice to training forum - jas Thanks for the green man,I should have won poster of the year,but the site is in denial.bitches huh ? - Scott-Weiland All in .&w - BERNIE'S CORNER Phone spazzed on gift giving. Can't green ya but have this beer on me. All in good fun ! - BERNIE'S CORNER Easily one of the best posters on the forum - JK1700 
Good thread and comments - maracho A truce - lfc19titles A truce - lfc19titles 

Seems Fox and ESPN did all the promoting.

I don't know what Bob Arum did to deserve the cut of the money he is going to take.
ShoulderRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 02:40 PM #45
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 941 Post(s)
IRONCHINHAGLER is a splendid one to beholdIRONCHINHAGLER is a splendid one to beholdIRONCHINHAGLER is a splendid one to beholdIRONCHINHAGLER is a splendid one to beholdIRONCHINHAGLER is a splendid one to beholdIRONCHINHAGLER is a splendid one to beholdIRONCHINHAGLER is a splendid one to beholdIRONCHINHAGLER is a splendid one to behold
Bank: 1,614.14
Total Points: 25,186.94

Not likely - especially with that complete garbage undercard!! Crap co-feature of b-level Washington/Martin in meaningless hw fight is a joke!!
IRONCHINHAGLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 02:47 PM #46
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 817 Post(s)
Bronx23 has a reputation beyond reputeBronx23 has a reputation beyond reputeBronx23 has a reputation beyond reputeBronx23 has a reputation beyond reputeBronx23 has a reputation beyond reputeBronx23 has a reputation beyond reputeBronx23 has a reputation beyond reputeBronx23 has a reputation beyond reputeBronx23 has a reputation beyond reputeBronx23 has a reputation beyond reputeBronx23 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,663.18
Total Points: 25,709.97
Good point,one on me. - Nomadic 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kev- View Post
Fight parties donít equal more buys. They equal less buys, people chipping in to buy the fight because $80 is too much for such an unpredictable product.

1 home buying the fight and inviting 20 people is still just $80 bucks.
I know that. I was just making a point that people who don't normally tune in are actually aware and excited for this event. I agree the price is too steep, Especially with Fury & Wilder being the only recognizable names for the casuals & general public. Give it a couple of years $100 will be the norm
Bronx23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 03:00 PM #47
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2601 Post(s)
uppercut510 has a reputation beyond reputeuppercut510 has a reputation beyond reputeuppercut510 has a reputation beyond reputeuppercut510 has a reputation beyond reputeuppercut510 has a reputation beyond reputeuppercut510 has a reputation beyond reputeuppercut510 has a reputation beyond reputeuppercut510 has a reputation beyond reputeuppercut510 has a reputation beyond reputeuppercut510 has a reputation beyond reputeuppercut510 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,630.32
Total Points: 50,233.88
Cheers! - Snoop Frog Great Post! - Nomadic 

I don't see 2mil but hey if it happens good for them
uppercut510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 03:03 PM #48
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3414 Post(s)
DaNeutral. has a reputation beyond reputeDaNeutral. has a reputation beyond reputeDaNeutral. has a reputation beyond reputeDaNeutral. has a reputation beyond reputeDaNeutral. has a reputation beyond reputeDaNeutral. has a reputation beyond reputeDaNeutral. has a reputation beyond reputeDaNeutral. has a reputation beyond reputeDaNeutral. has a reputation beyond reputeDaNeutral. has a reputation beyond reputeDaNeutral. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,730.88
Total Points: 123,682.09
Always defending Eddie Hearn like you're his lover - "red You love Eddie's cock in your mouth and arse - "red 

Not a chance. It wont even do half of that. If it does between 500 and 600k and they should be happy with that. It's nothing against the fighters it's just the current American Market.

If it doubles what the 1st one did that's a big success.
DaNeutral. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 03:07 PM #49
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3792 Post(s)
deathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,765.76
Total Points: 60,403.30
Quality Poster - Dr Rumack consistent quality posting - Beyonce Bomber Funny comment about the Larry account - Nomadic Flamboyant poster - Weltschmerz word life - Santa_ 
Cheers! - BombZquad You are an awesome poster, you rock! - Slick..Slayer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx23 View Post
When old Bob 1st said that, I thought he was crazy. Now I've got people I know who never watch boxing telling me they're having fight parties or that their gonna get the fight this weekend.

For the sake of boxing I'm really hoping this fight succeeds. I think it has to do 2million at least. As stated above, FOX & ESPN have dumped a lot of money into promoting this fight & it's really a big gamble.

What some are failing to realize is, if FOX & ESPN don't make a substantial profit off this fight, then it's gonna be very unlikely that we seen a joint promotion again in the near future. It just wouldn't be worth it.

1 million buys after all this promo would be an absolute failure. Hell, GGG Canelo did a million 2x and people called the numbers mediocre & HBOs marketing wasn't even a fraction of what they did for this fight.

Yeah but Canelo is meant to be the face of boxing, so his standard of what is considered a success or failure is a different level to others

Fury and Wilder are well known but neither considered the real facts of boxing. So 1m for them would be a huge success

I still doubt it does 1m anyway
deathofaclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 03:13 PM #50
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 742 Post(s)
Monzon99 is infamous around these partsMonzon99 is infamous around these partsMonzon99 is infamous around these partsMonzon99 is infamous around these partsMonzon99 is infamous around these partsMonzon99 is infamous around these partsMonzon99 is infamous around these partsMonzon99 is infamous around these partsMonzon99 is infamous around these partsMonzon99 is infamous around these partsMonzon99 is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 35,555.15
Enjoy! - davidw9785 Enjoy! - davidw9785 

Curious and suspicious how Arum only cares about how much money the fight will do. It's as if he owns a piece of both Fury and Wilder and he already knows no matter who wins and how, he profits.

It's not about any stakes or risk of his guy losing. It's only about how much money they rob from you.
Monzon99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends