Welcome Back, Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hahaha

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
    You should. Nothing like reading up on Taha on a winter night.
    Hahaha always ready with an answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Taha93 View Post
      Hahaha always ready with an answer.
      Damn right, always for Taha!

Comment

I am very happy for you!

Comment

Originally posted by WonderMonkey View Post
          Hello all! I was away for a year following my amateur Fight Night. Had some injuries then dealt with cancer. I'm clear of the C-word now but they had to cut through my abdominal wall which took some healing. I was cleared for increasingly demanding exertion and just last week I got back to being able to do 100% exertion to include stressful core activities. No contact just yet.

So .... I really enjoyed the whole process of the Fight Night. I trained as hard as I knew how given restrictions (injury, etc) and even trained as smart as I knew how.

I still experience an issue with my popliteus, which I have to manage and go tomorrow to consult for a possible shoulder surgery, but those things are blips on the radar. I'll have to pay attention to them and work with and around them, but that's life.

I allowed myself (against my will?) to get back up to 270 lbs. I could use last year as an excuse but that's useless. I allowed it, and that's that. I competed at 240 lbs (I think) and I was still far too heavy for my body composition. I'll work steadily towards first getting BACK to 240 then to 220 then I'll let the mirror help me. No doubt I could drop more unwanted fat.

I've begun a jump rope routine, which I should have done last time but didn't. Why? Idiocy is my only defense. I'm incrementally increasing my time on the rope and improving the various movements and am targeting 30 minutes.

I'm shadow boxing, working form in the mirror, heavy bag, speed bag, and even doing fitness boxing using good form. All this is to prepare for actual boxing training. I'll probably keep a fitness boxing class twice a week as I enjoy that, but I'll get back with the main boxing coach and lay out a program. I know the things I'm doing now to get my body used to the movements and my mind right will help pave the way.

I want to compete again. I have no desire to try and move up the ranks. I just want to be the best version of me that I can be given the time I devote to it. I may fight once or twice more, I may continue onward. I'll be 52 next month.

So ... hello again. I look forward to reading about what you all are doing.
          How have you been doing with the craziness?

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
            How have you been doing with the craziness?
            I have 23 people in my group so keeping them busy and sane keeps me more busy than ever during the work day. I schedule regular calls with each person to check on them just for mental health, etc. At times I've banned a person from being at their computer as it's too easy to sit there too long.

Right as they were sending us home and so on I reached out on Facebook to see if anybody had a heavy bag for sale. Sure enough I picked one up and it's been sitting in my garage. This weekends task is to get it hung up so I can at least do a workout on it.

A side-benefit to this is a few months ago I picked my guitar back up. I've taken this isolation incident to step back and start to study how to play instead of just learning some basic songs to whack about on. I found a very nice course online and am following along with it and I'm happy with it so far.

My daughter is finishing her college semester at home. I like her here but she misses her friends.

How about you? Things holding up?

Comment

I have 23 people in my group so keeping them busy and sane keeps me more busy than ever during the work day. I schedule regular calls with each person to check on them just for mental health, etc. At times I've banned a person from being at their computer as it's too easy to sit there too long.

Right as they were sending us home and so on I reached out on Facebook to see if anybody had a heavy bag for sale. Sure enough I picked one up and it's been sitting in my garage. This weekends task is to get it hung up so I can at least do a workout on it.

A side-benefit to this is a few months ago I picked my guitar back up. I've taken this isolation incident to step back and start to study how to play instead of just learning some basic songs to whack about on. I found a very nice course online and am following along with it and I'm happy with it so far.

My daughter is finishing her college semester at home. I like her here but she misses her friends.

How about you? Things holding up?
              I purchased Netflix, upgraded my membership in P-ornhub.

Comment

Hello all! I was away for a year following my amateur Fight Night. Had some injuries then dealt with cancer. I'm clear of the C-word now but they had to cut through my abdominal wall which took some healing. I was cleared for increasingly demanding exertion and just last week I got back to being able to do 100% exertion to include stressful core activities. No contact just yet.

So .... I really enjoyed the whole process of the Fight Night. I trained as hard as I knew how given restrictions (injury, etc) and even trained as smart as I knew how.

I still experience an issue with my popliteus, which I have to manage and go tomorrow to consult for a possible shoulder surgery, but those things are blips on the radar. I'll have to pay attention to them and work with and around them, but that's life.

I allowed myself (against my will?) to get back up to 270 lbs. I could use last year as an excuse but that's useless. I allowed it, and that's that. I competed at 240 lbs (I think) and I was still far too heavy for my body composition. I'll work steadily towards first getting BACK to 240 then to 220 then I'll let the mirror help me. No doubt I could drop more unwanted fat.

I've begun a jump rope routine, which I should have done last time but didn't. Why? Idiocy is my only defense. I'm incrementally increasing my time on the rope and improving the various movements and am targeting 30 minutes.

I'm shadow boxing, working form in the mirror, heavy bag, speed bag, and even doing fitness boxing using good form. All this is to prepare for actual boxing training. I'll probably keep a fitness boxing class twice a week as I enjoy that, but I'll get back with the main boxing coach and lay out a program. I know the things I'm doing now to get my body used to the movements and my mind right will help pave the way.

I want to compete again. I have no desire to try and move up the ranks. I just want to be the best version of me that I can be given the time I devote to it. I may fight once or twice more, I may continue onward. I'll be 52 next month.

So ... hello again. I look forward to reading about what you all are doing.
                Congratulations and welcome back, you are truly a FIGHTER!

Comment

Yeah! congrats, welcome back!

Comment

Glad you're ok friend

Comment

Working...
                    X