Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo-Golovkin III: Canelo Opens As Significant Betting Favorite

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
    Kovalev isn’t better than Derevyanchenko. Derevyanchenko would knock Kovalev out.

I thought Derevyanchenko beat GGG 116-111. That being said, Canelo was trailing on the cards to an old man who gets knocked out by everyone worthwhile now.

They both looked awful.
    I definitely agree that people saying Kov was a much tougher fight than SD at those times, I mean i don't really get that.

I think SD vs Kov could be a bit of a bad matchup for Kov, as far as SD's great activity rate and Kov's tendency to fade late in fights and look vulnerable.

I don't know if I'd favor SD by KO though lol...he's still a 160 fighter vs 175

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
      Kovalev isn’t better than Derevyanchenko. Derevyanchenko would knock Kovalev out.

I thought Derevyanchenko beat GGG 116-111. That being said, Canelo was trailing on the cards to an old man who gets knocked out by everyone worthwhile now.

They both looked awful.
      Remind me how many times Dervy has been Champion? Remind me which one was ranked p4p top 20 at the time??
      Last edited by Shadoww702; 03-19-2020, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
        I definitely agree that people saying Kov was a much tougher fight than SD at those times, I mean i don't really get that.

I think SD vs Kov could be a bit of a bad matchup for Kov, as far as SD's great activity rate and Kov's tendency to fade late in fights and look vulnerable.

I don't know if I'd favor SD by KO though lol...he's still a 160 fighter vs 175
        I would bet Kov to beat SD at LHW. To this day Kovalov is ranked p4p higher as well

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
          I would bet Kov to beat SD at LHW. To this day Kovalov is ranked p4p higher as well
          Oh I would favor him as well at 175...Kov is a weird fighter right now...I thought he was in control against Yarde, until he looked like he was ready to go...and then he somehow recovered and finished well...and he looked in control to me vs Canelo, until Canelo lit him up.

I wouldn't be surprised if he outboxed SD from the outside for 12 rounds, and had few if any issues...but I also can see him getting tired (or w/e the fu.ck happens to him) and maybe going out or something...he is just a weird fighter to me right now...not sure what to think of him.

Comment

Canelo is the A side

Canelo being the A side and constantly facing tougher competition should not be going down to 160 for this fight. He was most recently active at 175 I can see this fight taking place at 168 but 160 is crazy for him. No need for him to take this fight he has flourished since the first 2 fights has anyone talked about Glovkin outside of mentioning him and Canelo?

Comment

The consensus is that GGG won both fights though... So we let 3 judges with an agenda now decide the perception of reality? That being said, GGG is old now and probably ripe for the pickings, but he's still dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
                Oh I would favor him as well at 175...Kov is a weird fighter right now...I thought he was in control against Yarde, until he looked like he was ready to go...and then he somehow recovered and finished well...and he looked in control to me vs Canelo, until Canelo lit him up.

I wouldn't be surprised if he outboxed SD from the outside for 12 rounds, and had few if any issues...but I also can see him getting tired (or w/e the fu.ck happens to him) and maybe going out or something...he is just a weird fighter to me right now...not sure what to think of him.
                That’s how alcoholics act lol

Comment

If you're in your prime and NOT a significant betting favorite over a 38 yr old pressure fighter, something is wrong. Bad enough to not have been able to beat him convincingly when he was 35 and 36 but at 38, you better be able to.

Comment

GGG gonna get whooped like Baldomir or Gatti VS Mayweather

Comment

Kovalev is tougher than SD, especially due to the weight class. SD at 160 vs Canelo would be an easier fight than Kovalev was.

Kovalev lasted 11 rounds vs Canelo, but he was competitive before the KO. 95-95, 96-94 x2. I’m pretty sure Canelo would have an easier time, stylistically, vs SD, and win more comfortably. Even if it’s a UD. He would have an easier time without Kovalev’s long jab. Now don’t get me wrong, in SD’s two losses vs top opponents (GGG and Jacobs), he has shown to be a very good fighter, very tough, very hungry. He wouldn’t be a walk in the park for anyone.

But I think Canelo would have an easier fight, stylistically, vs SD than he did with Kovalev. I also think if GGG was the one to go up to 175 to fight Kovalev instead of Canelo, and Canelo fought SD at 160, GGG due to size, would not look very good vs Kovalev. Canelo on the other hand, would have had a better showing vs SD.

You can’t just smother Canelo like SD did to GGG. You will get caught with something bad on the inside.

Comment

Working...
                      X