Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2020, 01:25 AM #51
JP Marra JP Marra is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Atlantic City NJ
Posts: 129
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
JP Marra is infamous around these partsJP Marra is infamous around these partsJP Marra is infamous around these partsJP Marra is infamous around these partsJP Marra is infamous around these partsJP Marra is infamous around these partsJP Marra is infamous around these partsJP Marra is infamous around these partsJP Marra is infamous around these partsJP Marra is infamous around these partsJP Marra is infamous around these parts
Points: 3,481.62
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 3,481.62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnykin View Post
He lost to Pulev as an amateur, also Pulev has a far better record as a pro, and is younger, and not on medicine for blood pressure..... make sure you apply the same standard when critiquing Joshua's opponent/s.

So if Joshua beats Pulev he should get credit...... and if he loses rounds, he lost to a BETTER and more decorated amateur than Ortiz..... right?

Just need to know where you stand....

P.S... I already know because Ortiz is totally unproven and you are talking nonsense.
You are stating facts, but remember the type of cowardly low class victim culture fool you are talking too. The LDBC pumps up Ortiz in order to sell that fraud black hope fraud Wilder. Itís all propaganda, and no amount of facts will ever slow these walking pieces of human dung down from their belief system. Cowards always defend cowards, which is why Wilderís fanbase follows blind.
JP Marra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 07:37 AM #52
Cool Scant Cool Scant is offline
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 659
Quoted: 414 Post(s)
Rep Power: 7
Cool Scant has a spectacular aura aboutCool Scant has a spectacular aura about
Points: 18,303.08
Bank: 1,482.92
Total Points: 19,786.00
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnykin View Post
He lost to Pulev as an amateur, also Pulev has a far better record as a pro, and is younger, and not on medicine for blood pressure..... make sure you apply the same standard when critiquing Joshua's opponent/s.

So if Joshua beats Pulev he should get credit...... and if he loses rounds, he lost to a BETTER and more decorated amateur than Ortiz..... right?

Just need to know where you stand....

P.S... I already know because Ortiz is totally unproven and you are talking nonsense.
First Povetkin beat Ortiz in the amateurs now Pulev? Link please
Joshua fans love to overrate his opponents. Now you guys are setting up Pulev as a killer when that’s the furthest thing from the truth.

Last edited by Cool Scant; 02-15-2020 at 08:50 AM.
Cool Scant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 09:18 AM #53
Angeljuice Angeljuice is offline
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 670
Quoted: 389 Post(s)
Rep Power: 3
Angeljuice is a jewel in the roughAngeljuice is a jewel in the roughAngeljuice is a jewel in the rough
Points: 17,136.49
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 17,136.49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty Fisto View Post
What title was that? And Ali was hit at the end of the round. The bell rang and Ali got up about four or 5 seconds after being floored. The ref didn't really count anything.
Sorry. My memory failed me.

Last edited by Angeljuice; 02-15-2020 at 09:50 AM.
Angeljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 09:47 AM #54
Angeljuice Angeljuice is offline
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 670
Quoted: 389 Post(s)
Rep Power: 3
Angeljuice is a jewel in the roughAngeljuice is a jewel in the roughAngeljuice is a jewel in the rough
Points: 17,136.49
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 17,136.49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty Fisto View Post
What title was that? And Ali was hit at the end of the round. The bell rang and Ali got up about four or 5 seconds after being floored. The ref didn't really count anything.
I hadn't seen the fight for 20+ years. I just watched again and you are right. Ali hadn't got the belt yet.
As for the knockdown, Ali got up but was out on his feet, he sat in his corner and had his gloves purposefully ripped to gain extra time to recover.
I remembered the injustice, not the details. You are correct though.
Angeljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 09:54 AM #55
REDEEMER REDEEMER is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,893
Quoted: 2934 Post(s)
Rep Power: 11
REDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 103,740.62
Bank: 1,638.48
Total Points: 105,379.10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
Again, Jennings at that time had given Klit a good fight and lasted the distance.
That Klitschko fight wasn’t close , despite that the Ortiz fight with Wilder was 3 years after the Jennings one when he started looking far less explosive with sub par performances ? Ha

You can also say Jennings was green when he fought Ortiz ,no heavyweight in history is not green at that stage unless they have national experience but you guys always say AJ defeated Klitschko coming off a SD loss but when it’s the other way around it’s a different story ,you pick and choose who you give credit to very easy to see through.

Last edited by REDEEMER; 02-15-2020 at 10:29 AM.
REDEEMER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 09:56 AM #56
Vinnykin Vinnykin is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 3,546
Quoted: 1976 Post(s)
Rep Power: 14
Vinnykin has a reputation beyond reputeVinnykin has a reputation beyond reputeVinnykin has a reputation beyond reputeVinnykin has a reputation beyond reputeVinnykin has a reputation beyond reputeVinnykin has a reputation beyond reputeVinnykin has a reputation beyond reputeVinnykin has a reputation beyond reputeVinnykin has a reputation beyond reputeVinnykin has a reputation beyond reputeVinnykin has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 27,001.25
Bank: 1,178.91
Total Points: 28,180.16
tosser - Weltschmerz here you go - Weltschmerz should soothe you - Weltschmerz I can't stand these casuals that are homo 4 hearn - !a! keep up the good posts - !a! 
great posts - !a! great posts - !a! 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
You say triangle theories don't work then bring up Chisora and Ortiz in the amateurs as if fighters don't improve while in the amateurs.

Fury has not looked good in either of his two wins from 2019. Seems every excuse in the book has been used for that since he looked better vs Wilder and you and others wanna use fitness as an excuse for Fury landing a marginal amount of punches above what Wilder landed. The slower Wallin landed on Fury and cut him open. You gonna blame fitness, call it lucky, or just acknowledge that Fury can be hit and if Wilder picks up where he left off, he has a great chance of finishing the fight early.
Context my friend...... reread my post and see I was only pointing out the standard he set, and then using it in a similar way to try and make him see how his own argument is flawed.

Ortiz is a great amateur and world class heavyweight...... Pulev was a better amateur and pro so apply the same thing to him....... that is the standard HE set.

He even accused me of being a Joshua fan..... I am just looking for consistency.

Regarding your points..... Fury hasn't set the world alight with his last two fights, but Fury fights to the opponents level and can have off-nights like any boxer. The fact he is even fighting at ANY level is incredible.

If he beats Wilder he will go down in history, no boxer has ever drunk themselves stupid and became obese then came back to beat the supposed baddest man on the planet.
Vinnykin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 10:03 AM #57
Vinnykin Vinnykin is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 3,546
Quoted: 1976 Post(s)
Rep Power: 14
Vinnykin has a reputation beyond reputeVinnykin has a reputation beyond reputeVinnykin has a reputation beyond reputeVinnykin has a reputation beyond reputeVinnykin has a reputation beyond reputeVinnykin has a reputation beyond reputeVinnykin has a reputation beyond reputeVinnykin has a reputation beyond reputeVinnykin has a reputation beyond reputeVinnykin has a reputation beyond reputeVinnykin has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 27,001.25
Bank: 1,178.91
Total Points: 28,180.16
tosser - Weltschmerz here you go - Weltschmerz should soothe you - Weltschmerz I can't stand these casuals that are homo 4 hearn - !a! keep up the good posts - !a! 
great posts - !a! great posts - !a! 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Marra View Post
You are stating facts, but remember the type of cowardly low class victim culture fool you are talking too. The LDBC pumps up Ortiz in order to sell that fraud black hope fraud Wilder. Itís all propaganda, and no amount of facts will ever slow these walking pieces of human dung down from their belief system. Cowards always defend cowards, which is why Wilderís fanbase follows blind.
Just looking for consistency in argument and their own logic.

Ortiz is good because X..... apply the same standard to Pulev and he is better.

I don't like to resort to ad-hominen argumentation..... prefer to argue in good faith and make them see the flaws in their own words.
Vinnykin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 10:38 AM #58
ShoulderRoll ShoulderRoll is offline
North America Runs Boxing
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 40,602
Quoted: 17039 Post(s)
Rep Power: 120
ShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 24,869.80
Bank: 497,294.60
Total Points: 522,164.40
excellent posts mate - Alx. good post about Wlad being like Bute - RossCA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA brewed just 4 u - sugarsmosley 
valuable advice to training forum - jas Thanks for the green man,I should have won poster of the year,but the site is in denial.bitches huh ? - Scott-Weiland All in .&w - BERNIE'S CORNER Phone spazzed on gift giving. Can't green ya but have this beer on me. All in good fun ! - BERNIE'S CORNER Easily one of the best posters on the forum - JK1700 
Good thread and comments - maracho A truce - lfc19titles A truce - lfc19titles 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnykin View Post
He lost to Pulev as an amateur
Before we accept your word on that do you any proof?
ShoulderRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 11:07 AM #59
Vinnykin Vinnykin is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 3,546
Quoted: 1976 Post(s)
Rep Power: 14
Vinnykin has a reputation beyond reputeVinnykin has a reputation beyond reputeVinnykin has a reputation beyond reputeVinnykin has a reputation beyond reputeVinnykin has a reputation beyond reputeVinnykin has a reputation beyond reputeVinnykin has a reputation beyond reputeVinnykin has a reputation beyond reputeVinnykin has a reputation beyond reputeVinnykin has a reputation beyond reputeVinnykin has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 27,001.25
Bank: 1,178.91
Total Points: 28,180.16
tosser - Weltschmerz here you go - Weltschmerz should soothe you - Weltschmerz I can't stand these casuals that are homo 4 hearn - !a! keep up the good posts - !a! 
great posts - !a! great posts - !a! 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
Before we accept your word on that do you any proof?
I can't right now, going out in 1 hour..... when I found it last time it took me a long time.

I will find it again and post, put a reminder in my phone for tomorrow.

Ortiz was a poor amateur internationally though, that's a fact. Ortiz was not a decorated amateur or anything good in that realm....Pulev was better..... and as a pro there is also no comparison.

I think you have been brainwashed and are letting your bias shine through.
Vinnykin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 11:08 AM #60
BoxOfficer BoxOfficer is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 197
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Rep Power: 2
BoxOfficer has a spectacular aura aboutBoxOfficer has a spectacular aura aboutBoxOfficer has a spectacular aura about
Points: 14,159.90
Bank: 1,646.67
Total Points: 15,806.57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Scant View Post
First Povetkin beat Ortiz in the amateurs now Pulev? Link please
Joshua fans love to overrate his opponents. Now you guys are setting up Pulev as a killer when thatís the furthest thing from the truth.
Povetkin and Ortiz never ever met in the Amateurs. Never.

The name you're looking for is Alexander Povanov (German).
BoxOfficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:25 AM.