Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 02-10-2020, 06:26 PM #21
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1370 Post(s)
vitali1999 has a reputation beyond reputevitali1999 has a reputation beyond reputevitali1999 has a reputation beyond reputevitali1999 has a reputation beyond reputevitali1999 has a reputation beyond reputevitali1999 has a reputation beyond reputevitali1999 has a reputation beyond reputevitali1999 has a reputation beyond reputevitali1999 has a reputation beyond reputevitali1999 has a reputation beyond reputevitali1999 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,654.90
Total Points: 31,100.69
A Good Poster - Carnivore Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnedup View Post
If Fury wasnít his size would he be a special fighter? Say a 5í 10Ē Fury with his skillset at 154lbs? I get heís mobile and some think he has great speed but If it wasnít for the sizes of some of these super heavyweights I donít see what is so special. We know Wilder has life changing power but he too takes advantage of that reach. So without size are Fury, Wilder, Joshua special as normal sized fighters?
Special but not as special
vitali1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 07:01 PM #22
Interim Champion

Quoted: 217 Post(s)
TheFrog has a reputation beyond reputeTheFrog has a reputation beyond reputeTheFrog has a reputation beyond reputeTheFrog has a reputation beyond reputeTheFrog has a reputation beyond reputeTheFrog has a reputation beyond reputeTheFrog has a reputation beyond reputeTheFrog has a reputation beyond reputeTheFrog has a reputation beyond reputeTheFrog has a reputation beyond reputeTheFrog has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,551.01
Total Points: 15,013.29

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitali1999 View Post
True. Fury already showed he takes Wilder's best shots in the first fight
Just like Stiverne?
TheFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 07:43 PM #23
Contender

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Tonylove will become famous soon enoughTonylove will become famous soon enough
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,904.33
Default Idiotic

A dog fight with Wilder really Peter?
Tonylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 07:46 PM #24
Interim Champion

Quoted: 394 Post(s)
Legends456 is a name known to allLegends456 is a name known to allLegends456 is a name known to allLegends456 is a name known to allLegends456 is a name known to allLegends456 is a name known to all
Total Points: 43,010.69

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrog View Post
Just like Stiverne?
IMO Fury took Wilderís best shots much better than Stiverne, as he got up from them all. Wilder didnít hit Stiverne with much in their first fight because he had a hand problem. In their rematch, he knocked Stiverne out in the first round.

But even Fury didnít stay on his feet when taking Wilderís best. Only man Iíve seen do that is Duhaupas. His chin is legend.
Legends456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 07:58 PM #25
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1370 Post(s)
vitali1999 has a reputation beyond reputevitali1999 has a reputation beyond reputevitali1999 has a reputation beyond reputevitali1999 has a reputation beyond reputevitali1999 has a reputation beyond reputevitali1999 has a reputation beyond reputevitali1999 has a reputation beyond reputevitali1999 has a reputation beyond reputevitali1999 has a reputation beyond reputevitali1999 has a reputation beyond reputevitali1999 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,654.90
Total Points: 31,100.69
A Good Poster - Carnivore Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. 

Quote:
Just like Stiverne?
Stiverne went the distance in the first fight. Stiverne in the rematch was a bum. One fight that was a draw in 3 years and flabby out of shape. I rest on your face. I mean I rest my case

Last edited by vitali1999; 02-11-2020 at 10:22 PM.
vitali1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 08:07 PM #26
Interim Champion

TheFrog has a reputation beyond reputeTheFrog has a reputation beyond reputeTheFrog has a reputation beyond reputeTheFrog has a reputation beyond reputeTheFrog has a reputation beyond reputeTheFrog has a reputation beyond reputeTheFrog has a reputation beyond reputeTheFrog has a reputation beyond reputeTheFrog has a reputation beyond reputeTheFrog has a reputation beyond reputeTheFrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends456 View Post
IMO Fury took Wilderís best shots much better than Stiverne, as he got up from them all. Wilder didnít hit Stiverne with much in their first fight because he had a hand problem. In their rematch, he knocked Stiverne out in the first round.

But even Fury didnít stay on his feet when taking Wilderís best. Only man Iíve seen do that is Duhaupas. His chin is legend.
I can agree with this. You are looking at it far more realistically than the guy I quoted. He's just blabbing and talking trash.
Old 02-10-2020, 08:16 PM #27
Interim Champion

Quoted: 394 Post(s)
Legends456 is a name known to allLegends456 is a name known to allLegends456 is a name known to allLegends456 is a name known to allLegends456 is a name known to allLegends456 is a name known to all
Total Points: 43,010.69

Quote:
I can agree with this. You are looking at it far more realistically than the guy I quoted. He's just blabbing and talking trash.
I wish people would check their emotions a bit when discussing boxing and look at things a bit more scientifically.

Wilder is, in my opinion, one of the hardest punchers in HW history, but itís not true that everyone goes over like a bowling pin and stays down once he touches them. Itís possible to withstand a few of his shots, but itís VERY unwise IMO.

Wilder is also a much better boxer IMO than people give him credit for. His footwork and timing and sense of the boxing ďrhythmĒ are quite good, otherwise he wouldnít be able to land so many great KO shots even though he punches hard.

Iíve said it before on here, but I believe the way to truly ďbeatĒ Wilder will first take someone to really throw off and disrupt his timing and sense and feel for the rhythm of the fight. Fury IMO did a decent job for most of their first fight, but either Fury faded at the end, or got too ****y, or perhaps Wilder just figured out his rhythm by then.

It would take a good boxer/puncher with excellent footwork and a granite chin to show him up. Iím not sure Furyís the guy. Iíd give him props if he can do it, but my gut feeling is Wilder stays unbeaten for a while yet, and then maybe someone like Usyk, DuBois, or Kownacki has his day (and his belt).
Legends456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 08:58 PM #28
Interim Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends456 View Post
I wish people would check their emotions a bit when discussing boxing and look at things a bit more scientifically.

Wilder is, in my opinion, one of the hardest punchers in HW history, but itís not true that everyone goes over like a bowling pin and stays down once he touches them. Itís possible to withstand a few of his shots, but itís VERY unwise IMO.

Wilder is also a much better boxer IMO than people give him credit for. His footwork and timing and sense of the boxing ďrhythmĒ are quite good, otherwise he wouldnít be able to land so many great KO shots even though he punches hard.

Iíve said it before on here, but I believe the way to truly ďbeatĒ Wilder will first take someone to really throw off and disrupt his timing and sense and feel for the rhythm of the fight. Fury IMO did a decent job for most of their first fight, but either Fury faded at the end, or got too ****y, or perhaps Wilder just figured out his rhythm by then.

It would take a good boxer/puncher with excellent footwork and a granite chin to show him up. Iím not sure Furyís the guy. Iíd give him props if he can do it, but my gut feeling is Wilder stays unbeaten for a while yet, and then maybe someone like Usyk, DuBois, or Kownacki has his day (and his belt).
Yep I agree with all of this. I am actually picking Fury to win but Wilder has a VERY real chance.

Personally I'm just very happy that heavyweight boxing has gotten so interesting over the last few years. This is exactly what the sport needs. I'd like to see Wilder win because I think his style makes for more exciting events down the road. Fury is a pretty fun guy too though so for me this fight is ultimately a no lose scenario.
Old 02-10-2020, 09:20 PM #29
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 6299 Post(s)
champion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 158,750,195.39
Total Points: 158,930,031.10
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder 

I think that's a very good strategy. Fury is naturally heavier, bigger and physically stronger than the Bronze Bomber; So why shouldn't he use those strengths to his advantage?

He can make it a very physical and ugly fight with his size and weight while bullying and roughing Wilder up on the inside by constant leaning, grappling and body punching.

If the referee allows him to maul Deontay Wilder, then perhaps he can inevitably wear the much smaller man down and possibly even stopping him.

However, he won't go down without a fight. He has tons of heart as demonstrated in the first Luiz Ortiz fight and just like Evander Holyfield in his first fight with Riddick Bowe.
champion4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 03:21 AM #30
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1065 Post(s)
Boxingfanatic75 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingfanatic75 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingfanatic75 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingfanatic75 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingfanatic75 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingfanatic75 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingfanatic75 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingfanatic75 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingfanatic75 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingfanatic75 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingfanatic75 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,606.11
Total Points: 34,660.24
Well said! - Nomadic 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitali1999 View Post
True. Fury already showed he takes Wilder's best shots in the first fight
That’s a complete misnomer. Watch it again very closely. He completely rolled with the punch. It wasn’t close to being flush. He then did what Tyson does; he acts and creates drama. He was definitely buzzed. Wilder’s best shot was to Brazeale. I guarantee you Wilder hits him with a shot like that and Fury isn’t waking up.
Boxingfanatic75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends