No announcement yet.

GGG was a media made creation and people bought into it to a certain point

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muslimer12 View Post
    Canelo didnt look special vs Lara, Trout, Floyd. And he struggled a lot with cotto. Let's be real the way GGG won over Jacob is like the way Canelo wins over all his big fights. Atleast GGG knocked Jacobs down too
    Here's some opinions of guys in the game:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uoiFm6PseSg

Comment

One of the best amateus in the world from the late 90's to early 2000's. Beat whole US teams in tournaments. Multiple world champion at different weight classes. Silver medal in the olympics.

People vacated titles and payed step aside money in order to avoid a fight with him. Golden Boy promotions saying: "We avoided him because Canelo wasn't ready for him". Praised by many great fighters and all time greats.

But he's a media creation... go back to the hole. Assh0le.

You jealous *****.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
        One of the best amateus in the world from the late 90's to early 2000's. Beat whole US teams in tournaments. Multiple world champion at different weight classes. Silver medal in the olympics.

People vacated titles and payed step aside money in order to avoid a fight with him. Golden Boy promotions saying: "We avoided him because Canelo wasn't ready for him". Praised by many great fighters and all time greats.

But he's a media creation... go back to the hole. Assh0le.

You jealous *****.
        It's funnier when you write in caps. This is your own jinx because you ditched your own Argentinian fighters...

Didn't you post GGG vs Alvarez was your generation of Floyd vs PAC? Didn't you say you sat on your dad's lap watching the Martinez vs Chavez Jr. bout. I'm sure you roared for your countryman... but why did you praise Maravilla ducking GgG? I liked cartoons too way back in the day

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
          Not very talented? Lol ...man

Both Canelo and GGG were hyped, it's these networks job to sell their fighters. His first belt was a gift against Hatton, used to "hype" him as a champion.

Canelo is not special, he's a damn good fighter definitely not one I'd call special.

Let's not be narrow-minded, there are more skills to boxing than simply fighting defensively.

A special fighter would have given Floyd a run for his money....not get totally white washed.

Carlos Baldomir made Floyd work harder than Canelito did.

GGG is nothing to write home about either....but he will be too much for Canelito.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
            =Canelo is special and the difference in class will show
            I don't disagree with you, but he's still going to get KO'd. It's just a bad match up.

Comment

Larry says he likes GGG but just wants him to face top competition. But then creates 3 threads within a week after he finally got what he wanted calling him a B fighter.

This guy definitely has a mental illness or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post

A special fighter would have given Floyd a run for his money....not get totally white washed.

Carlos Baldomir made Floyd work harder than Canelito did.

GGG is nothing to write home about either....but he will be too much for Canelito.
                Of course he'll lose, Canelo is 5"7.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
                  Of course he'll lose, Canelo is 5"7.
                  "Alvarez... this disrespect to boxing.. he too big..155 no..".

154-168 easy doe and Floyd at 154 for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                    You and Big Drama Show are as bad as each other. I wish both of you *****es would shut your holes. The fight isn't that far away, you are going to get your answer. Seek and destroy fighters always get more media hype, its the way its always been, going back to Jack Dempsey, Sonny Liston, etc. etc.

GGG is a very good fighter - honestly speaking, your problem is that you only understand one style of boxing because you haven't been watching boxing long enough. The part I agree is that he has been overrated by the media, and now that he is fighting good fighters people can see he isn't THAT kind of great. I have been saying the same thing for at least the last 2 years. GGG is a B/B+ fighter with A+ power. You can't dismiss his amateur pedigree, but I also think his fans use it as an argument that he has all these dimensions, which he doesn't.

I think having him as p4p number 1 like a lot of people have is my line, that is where I started to get annoyed with all the hype, especially when there were fighters out there who had beaten legit competition, proved themselves, and are much more multifaceted, ie. Lomachenko, Crawford, Ward.

I think Canelo is a superior fighter, but as the old saying goes 'styles make fights', I think stylistically both guys present a unique challenge to the other and I don't think its an easy fight either way, but I lean towards Canelo.
                    I honestly can't see Canelo lasting more than 7 rounds. He has good upper body movement and nice combinations. But he can't cut off the ring which probably doesn't matter against G. I think he can't take the constant pressure he is going to get from Golovkin. He took rests at 154. Against Chavez he totally controlled the pace of the fight. He could punch when he wanted to and rest when he needed it. That's not going to happen with Golovkin pressuring him. I think he will slow down and Golovkin will get a stoppage. Golovkin is very good at forcing his opponent to the ropes. I think Canelo will go to the ropes and G will land a nice combination to the body and head and the fight will be over.

Comment

They literally handed him titles.... oh the guys who gave there's up to never fight him.
                      Oh yea like Sturm, Geale and Canelo
                      Larry you're a joke, go back to twitter to beg people to fight them for insulting Mayweather online

Comment

Working...
                      X