Clear All

Rematches, rematches for 2016, 17, and 18

Comment

Ask his wife!

Comment

Timmeh is still a top fighter at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
          I agree that TR is the best thing to happen to Tim. He gets paid well and had 3 PPV fights with Pacquiao. But his career is in a holding pattern if the Vargas rematch is his next fight. The first Marquez fight was a good fight but I think Marquez is past it now. He hasn't fought in a while and here had knee problems. That fight would sell but Cotto or Brook are the only reasonable fights of he can't fight a PBC welterweight.
          Yea tbh I can't say I love Marquez's chances in a 2nd fight with the layoff + injuries I guess. The other thing is making these fights isn't likely to be easy.

Cotto has diva issues in most fans minds. I hate the term diva in boxing discussions, but its kinda hard to argue against Cotto being a pretty deliberate & finicky guy. Marquez's whole career lately has been seesawing on fighting again & retirement. And Brook or Hearn don't seem THAT interested in a big fight unless its Khan.

And if those guys do look at Tim do they see him as THAT appealing for their resume? Idk...I suspect Tim is seen as a guy who can beat you, but if you beat him you don't get the same accolades as you might for one of these other names who are likely in the running to or for Canelo or Khan or other guys with bigger fanbases. I kinda feel like Tim is the Rodney Dangerfield of 147. He gets no respect.

Vargas is probably the highest profile easiest W + the easiest fight to make since its 100% inhouse with a guy who's been calling out Tim.

If I was picking my favorite fight for him I'd probably pick Brook doe.

Comment

Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
            hes under top rank, he may fight provo again
            Yeah. Uncle Bob needs to work with Al so we can get some good fights

Comment

Jessie Vargas will knock out Bradley in 6!

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                Get his belt back from Vargas. Good fight coming off of a loss.
                This may be set up for Crawford to become a three-weight WBO world champion. Its what Top Rank seem to be best at, crowning WBO champions

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  If I was picking my favorite fight for him I'd probably pick Brook doe.
                  That'd be a great fight

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                    This may be set up for Crawford to become a three-weight WBO world champion. Its what Top Rank seem to be best at, crowning WBO champions
                    Hmmm....good point. If Tim sits too long & Crawford fights Postol & then moves up to 147 Crawford vs Vargas seems like the move to make. And Tim & Terence have already said they won't fight so Tim's beltless for awhile probably.

Hell if Tim sits too long Marquez & Cotto could both be retired. I don't suspect either fights past 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
                      He and Crawford won't fight each other. Eddie Hearn said Bradley wants to take some time off so the fight with Brook isn't happening in the summer. So it's a Vargas rematch or Cotto in the fall at 154. Maybe even a Marquez rematch. Tim's possible fights are looking slim.
                      Tim Bradley is one of the few marketable 147s under the Top Ran banner, and made sure to lock himself into that high minimums deal to close out his run.

Top Rank has Bradley, Vargas(WBO champ), Rios, Ponomarev, Alvarado, and Solomon at the weight.

Arum will feed him a fight, to get back into the win column, before hyping up a Vargas rematch for the WBO belt [Arum likely also says to hell with the IBF title eliminator, stages Vargas-Ponomarev for the WBO 147 belt, and has Bradley fight the winner]

Comment

Working...
                      X