No announcement yet.

My top ten best since 2000

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My top ten best since 2000

1 Floyd-- has held titles in 5 divisions and has beaten corrales, Castillo, hatton. Oscar, Shane, canelo

2. Manny- most exciting and dramatic fighter, great wins over Barrera, morales, jmm hatton, cotto

3. Hopkins- great wins over Trinidad, joppy, pavlik, tarver, pascal

4. Calzaghe- great wins over Kessler, lacy, bika, Reid

5. Marquez- great wins over manny, Barrera, casamoyer, diaz

6 Barrera- great wins over prince, and morales

7. Ward- cleared out 168 wins over bika, froch, Kessler, dawson

8. Wlad- dominated heavyweight wins over Byrd twice Povetkin haye

9. Winky- wins over Shane twice, Tito, robbed vs Taylor

10. Froch- wins over Kessler, bute, pascal, Taylor, groves

Honorable mention
    Morales
    Cotto
    Vitali
    Serg
    Dawson
    Adamek
    Tyszu
    Tarver
    Oscar
    Jones
    Forrest
    Castillo
    Casamoyer
    Corrales

Don't always agree with u but a pretty fair unbiased list. Floyd, Manny and B hop definitely top 3. Imo.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
      Don't always agree with u but a pretty fair unbiased list. Floyd, Manny and B hop definitely top 3. Imo.
      That's cool, if we all agreed then this forum would be boring, but as long as we can all learn from each other, then it's all good

Comment

Cool except #4, too high

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          Cool except #4, too high
          Maybe in terms of quantity of opponents, but I honestly think that calzaghe was a terrific fighter, lineal champ in 2 divisions, and beats everyone below him on the list....
          I know his career opponents don't match his ranking, but it rudely believe he would beat ward, tarver, froch, and anyone else not named Hopkins or Roy from the early 2000s..
          His hand speed, adaptability, will to win, volume punching,,, i truly think this guy was a very special talent

Comment

He was a good fighter, but his best clear career win is Kessler. His slapfest against Hopkins was pathetic, as was the beginning of his career

Comment

The quality of Bernard's wins and Manny's wins versus Floyd's wins are too much for me to ignore. Both are ahead of him since 2000 and on my ATG list. Dude being undefeated means absolutely nothing as far as I'm concerned. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                He was a good fighter, but his best clear career win is Kessler. His slapfest against Hopkins was pathetic, as was the beginning of his career
                Very true, but inwould pick him to beat everyone below him on the list... His style may not be amazing but he got the results... I think he would shred guys like winky, mosely, cotto, wlad,,,
                It would take a manny Floyd prime Hopkins or jones to beat him

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
                  The quality of Bernard's wins and Manny's wins versus Floyd's wins are too much for me to ignore. Both are ahead of him since 2000 and on my ATG list. Dude being undefeated means absolutely nothing as far as I'm concerned. Sorry.
                  Floyd has never been knocked down or out
                  And has schooled prime corrales, hatton, jmm, canelo, and has won or defended belts at 130, 135, 140, 147, 154

He has beaten the absolute best at 130, the best guy at 135, 140 was kinda weak, dominated 147, and has beaten the best 3 guys at the time at 154, and has only had one tough fight vs Castillo... What he has done is amazing

Comment

Disagree with Ward or Froch even being on there. Guys like Cotto and Shane and others I can't think of off the top of My head have done more for longer.

Edit: Just saw Calzhage. Not a chance. Few good wins.Not enough to warrant top ten.

Comment

Working...
                    X