No announcement yet.

"Kovalev was afraid of Golovkin"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Kovalev was afraid of Golovkin"

To be fair, he said it was either too much respect or too much fear.

Comment

I do believe GGG is a better boxer than Kovalev, he is much more technically sound.

I just hope GGG will have right opportunities to prove his greatness.

Comment

It's surprising that Kovalev was reluctant to engage GGG, maybe he was sick or injured that day?

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
          It's surprising that Kovalev was reluctant to engage GGG, maybe he was sick or injured that day?
          How is it surprising? Kovalev said GGG is one of the best fighters in the world in his opinion, he said he hits very hard and is as tough as a "tank".

They sparred multiple times, he clearly was discouraged by GGG's pressure, defence and sheer power. If he claims he's as tough as a tank I presume that means he threw the kitchen sink at Golovkin and he didn't blink, meanwhile probably punched Kovalev in the chin in the process.

There's no need to assume an injury or illness when Golovkin spars LHW and hits as hard or harder than them, it's kind of obvious what happened.

Comment

I'm not all that surprised, the guy hits like a monster, but during the early stages of the Cleverly fight, when Nathan was peppering him with jabs, Kovalev didn't seem to like being hit. And especially when he had that little cut...

Of course he eventually demolished Nate, but I'm sure Golovkin hits a hell of a lot harder than Clev... I believe there's an interview with Kovalev on youtube stating that he's never been hit like GGG hit him in sparring

Comment

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post
              I'm not all that surprised, the guy hits like a monster, but during the early stages of the Cleverly fight, when Nathan was peppering him with jabs, Kovalev didn't seem to like being hit. And especially when he had that little cut...

Of course he eventually demolished Nate, but I'm sure Golovkin hits a hell of a lot harder than Clev... I believe there's an interview with Kovalev on youtube stating that he's never been hit like GGG hit him in sparring
              The cut that opened up on Kovalev's eye was from an accidental headbutt, I'm pretty sure. Also, Golovkin is a monster, what else is new? There still isn't anyone at 175 that would beat Kovalev, IMO

Comment

Another GG Superman story from none other than...

Comment

Abel Sanchez really is the new Freddie Roach.

You get these polite foreign boxers coming across representing themselves well and they land with ish-talking American trainers talking smack on their behalf.

Hatton v Pacquiao is a good example, both guys were respectful to one another but their US trainers made the whole thing about them talking disrespectful.

I appreciate what Sanchez said here wasn't so bad, but it's another example as he's said stuff before.
                  Last edited by Weebler I; 09-02-2013, 12:30 PM.

Comment

I bet Kovalev would have a different story if asked about his sparring with GG.

Comment

Working...
                    X