Collapse
No announcement yet.

Juan Manuel Marquez: NO MANNY PACQUIAO REMATCH, I Closed That Chapter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree its already closed, and its too dangerous for Manny this guy has his number. Pacman would just get knocked out cold again, he doesn't know how to fight Marquez but Marquez was the only boxer who was willing to trade speed combos when Pacman did, the reason is because Marquez doesn't cover up at all he has no defense he uses counters to defend against aggressors like a matador

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
      PAC gives him 4 shots...Marquez finally gets one and closes the chapter

i think i want Bradley to win now
      Pac didn't give him 4 shots. Pac just wanted to beat him one time convincingly. Had Pac knocked out Marquez, he probably wouldn't have fought him again either.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
        I was indifferent about the 4th fight happening, but it was so good I'd love to see a 5th one. I honestly get the impression that some people don't want to see it because they're afraid Pac might win, which is pretty pathetic.
        manny had four different attempts yet failed each and every time to convincingly beat this guy

Comment

Assumming Marquez and Manny both win their fights, then there will be a 5th fight. There will just be too much money there for Marquez to say no. If Marquez loses his fight and Manny wins, then he'll take the Manny fight, but with less money. If Marquez wins his fight and Manny loses, then forget about seeing a 5th fight.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
            If Pac TKO'd Marquez in any of those 4 bouts there would be no rematch right?
            doubt it, pacquiao tko'd barrera and morales and yet there were rematches

but i dont want to see a rematch, they said leading upto the fight, even pacquiao said so, win or lose, there will be no more rematches

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
              If Pac TKO'd Marquez in any of those 4 bouts there would be no rematch right?

if the numbers were good, there would be...you think Arum and Top Rank have shame in milking fights?

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                manny had four different attempts yet failed each and every time to convincingly beat this guy
                and the same can be said about marquez

of the first three fights the clearest was the second fight, in favor of pacquiao

Comment

If Pacquiao and Marquez both look good winning their fights it would be by far the best paying fight Marquez could have. If he turned it down it would look to me like Marquez is not sure he can beat Pacquiao again and is playing it safe by leaving things as they are with his brutal KO win the last fight of the series. He was behind in that fight and in danger of being KOed himself when he ended the fight with that perfect punch. Pacquiao gave Marquez the two rematches Marquez wanted when Pacquiao had all the official wins. Marquez should return the favor. He would be very well paid for doing so and if he won a fifth fight it would remove all doubt about who was the better fighter overall. If Bradley beats Marquez a big money fight with Pacquiao might look better to Marquez if Bradley won't rematch him. Of course if Pacquiao can't beat Rios he will probably retire. If Bradley beat Marquez and Pacquiao went on to beat Bradley then Marquez might want to fight Pacquiao again. I am a big fan of both Marquez and Pacquiao and wish them well whatever they choose to do.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
                    Pac didn't give him 4 shots. Pac just wanted to beat him one time convincingly. Had Pac knocked out Marquez, he probably wouldn't have fought him again either.

when Israel Vasquez KOd Rafa in the rematch, did that stop Arum and Top Rank for putting on 2 more fights?

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                      With the exception of the 3rd they were all good fights though, and the 4th was a barnburner.

Ultimately I saw 4 closely contested and 3 really entertaining fights between two ATGs. The manner of the 4th fight suggests that the 5th would be another cracker.

I don't see why people would be so opposed to it. It's not as if there are lots of other challenges out there for either of these guys in the sport, both of them are on the farewell tour.

Comment

Working...
                      X