Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the mostboring sport to you?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll rather watch Rigondeaux, Bradley, and Alexander throws pitty-pat/rabbit punches for 12 rounds before I'll watch, Tennis, Golf, American Football(I've seen a few Super bowls or at least tuned in to the last quarter. lol), Nascar, Cycling, ect.

Comment

Pool. Although I do like that asian lady for some reason...

Bowling is boring... Golf I can't even watch. It's depressing.

Comment

Originally posted by sukhenkoy View Post
        And I've heard from a lot of people that playing lacrosse is also quite similar to playing soccer. In other words, people tried to convince me that since I love playing soccer so much, I would enjoy lacrosse as well.

I never followed their advice and tried it, though.

the only comparison i can make is the running. a midfielder in lax will easily run five miles in a game. probably more if he's getting a lot of PT. they're even shifted, actually. they get to rest, unlike soccer, but they're running at a faster clip than you'd average in a 90 min soccer game. there's also a similar amount of players on the field, the fields are of similar size, etc.

lacrosse is a full contact sport. if you've got the ball i can hit you with my body so long as i have both hands on my stick. if you're near a grounded ball i can do the same thing. i used to f#cking bury people. you can't do that in soccer / footie.

if you're cradling the ball i can hit you with my stick on the hands and arms so long as there's an intent to dislodge the ball. excessive "slashing" is called, however. it's a very subjective call. "stickchecking" is the primary means of defense in lacrosse, outside of using one's body to eliminate angles for a break to the net.

and finally, the world level of soccer is leaps and bounds beyond "world class lax."

lax is a niche sport even here, being predominantly middle class and localized in the north east.

crazy as this sounds, i'd liken lacrosse most to basketball. the means of generating offense and maintaining a defensive presence are very similar. it's either a zone or a man to man defense. you work the perimeter and depend largely on individual efforts. your best players generally win the game. they're possession based games. i guess they've got that in common with soccer as well, the possession i mean. moving a soccer ball is a much slower process, though. a few quick passes in lacrosse can equal the length of the field in either direction, and allow for a much more perimter based and settled / sustained attack.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
          Actually basketball. It's just awful isn't it? Get the ball, get a basket, get the ball, get a basket, get the ball get a basket, get the ball, miss the basket LOSE BY ONE POINT!
          Nope. There's more to it than that. Shooting a game-winning shot with the crowd on the edge of their seats hopping it comes in or not or dunking on one of the opposing team's players is very exciting to watch. Add to the countless of acrobatic plays, block shots, ect. Basketball is a very fan-friendly sport despite it not being as popular as American football.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
            not to mention Canadian fields are much wider. So the running and passing game is a lot more dynamic and exciting. but even I won't watch the Grey Cup.
            Now I don't much about the CFL, but I do know you can see the end zones from space.

Comment

Golf and soccer......

Comment

Baseball puts me to sleep.

Oh, and Nascar is also incredibly boring.
                Last edited by Optimistic; 11-25-2012, 07:00 PM.

Comment

American football. Not because the actual game is boring, it isn't. There's just far too much time fartin around. Considering plays last on average 20 seconds and the play clock between is 40 seconds and every single stoppage cuts to some bastard trying to sell me shit, I quickly lose interest.

Canadian football is way better, shorter play clock, one less down, more turnovers and riskier plays. It's not possible for teams to grind out territory five yards at a time then fuck the dog for half a minute in between.

Trouble is that Canadian football has like five teams and they all get a prize.

canadian curling...

Comment

Actually basketball. It's just awful isn't it? Get the ball, get a basket, get the ball, get a basket, get the ball get a basket, get the ball, miss the basket LOSE BY ONE POINT!
                    This is why I usually only watch the 4th quarter, or even the second half of the 4th quarter.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                      American Football... is unwatchable
                      This, and baseball.

Some sports are really fun to play but hard to watch on TV.

Comment

Working...
                      X