Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Funkmaster Flex vs Nicki Minaj on Hot 97 (Audio)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both sides are trash. Hip hop is basically dead.

I just listened to the first part of the interview on the Complex website. LOL @ this dumb b1tch bringing up gender roles in Hip Hop. Whatever happen with women being and going as hard as men? I know real female MCs wouldn't use their sex as an excuse or reason to explain why they shouldn't get dissed. So what if she was the only female act on the bill and he called her out it's cause she really is garbage. Straight trash generation of "artists" if you even want to call it that.
    Last edited by EdMon917; 06-05-2012, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
      who cares ? it didn't even seem that serious
      It is actually very serious. People are standing up to the bull****. The majority of the rap stations are forced to play Lil Wayne, Minaj, Drake, Tyga, the whole Young Money catalog over and over again because the companies that own the record labels these cats are on are also the companies holding shares in the stations. This is the reason why it seems like the same people and songs are on the radios over and over again.

If you've ever listened to the radio and wondered why all the stations seemed to play the same five songs on repeat, the answer is that the same five songs are, in fact, being played on repeat.

As Hypebot points out, it's not that the music on commercial radio is too hot not to have in heavy rotation, but because six media conglomerates--GE, Newscorp, Disney, Viacom, Time Warner and CBS--control 90 percent of the media. For perspective, about 50 companies controlled the information distributed in 1983.

When outlets are consolidated, diversity in programming and media ownership suffer. It's great for major acts like Nicki Minaj, but terrible for virtually anyone else that could actually use the exposure. Below, check out a helpful infographic (by Frugal Dad via The Daily Swarm) that breaks down which companies own what, and how that impacts our media environments.
      http://www.prefixmag.com/news/why-ra...over-an/65599/

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
        It is actually very serious. People are standing up to the bull****. The majority of the rap stations are forced to play Lil Wayne, Minaj, Drake, Tyga, the whole Young Money catalog over and over again because the companies that own the record labels these cats are on are also the companies holding shares in the stations. This is the reason why it seems like the same people and songs are on the radios over and over again.

i meant the statement was not that serious and f.y.i i could careless about hot 97 young money nicki minaj or hip hop for that matter

Comment

in the 'Rap Game' beef sells records

Comment

I don't really care for Nicki Minaj but that DJ (not Flex the other guy) should be black balled or held accountable, I bet he made the people who set the event look very bad for his idiotic comments. Yeah she might suck, but a lot of people wanted to see Young Money and his comments really impacted the show.

Comment

Nicki Minaj is crap.. Always was always will be.. Ive heard WAAAAYY BETTER Female MC's in my days example... Bahamadia..

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post

totally makes sense. I dont even bother listening to the radio. When im driving its either sports radio or i plug in my ipod.

Comment

Working...
                X