No announcement yet.

37,000 tickets + sold for Klitschko/Mormeck

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Valero 27-0 View Post
    The Euro isn't going to make you new fans. That's okay though, Wladimir has accepted that he isn't going to make it in USA and making money in Europe is smart.
    He made over 20 million Euro in his fight against Haye.

Comment

37k with mormeck seriously?

Comment

and when Wlad and Vitali fought in USA people came out.

Name me American Boxers that can sell out even 10k in USA. 1 person? Look at most Devon Alexander, Timothy Bradley, Ward fights, there's like 70 people in the crowd.

Klitschko's do 30k + everytime in Germany (venue providing), if they come to MSG this they will sell the place out

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post

Name me American Boxers that can sell out even 10k in USA. 1 person? Look at most Devon Alexander, Timothy Bradley, Ward fights, there's like 70 people in the crowd.

Klitschko's do 30k + everytime in Germany (venue providing), if they come to MSG this they will sell the place out
          Actually just a few boxers in the world can sell over 10k ... Mayweather Jr, Pacquiao, Chavez Jr perhaps, Bute, the K brothers ...

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
            Actually just a few boxers in the world can sell over 10k ... Mayweather Jr, Pacquiao, Chavez Jr perhaps, Bute, the K brothers ...
            Wasnt Adamek doing like 9k in NY/NJ w/e MainEvents host all their fights in that area. I think he brought like 10k people or around there

Comment

Devon Alexander, Saul Alvarez, Tomasz Adamek, Amir Khan, and JMM and Erik Morales can all sell over 10k tickets +.

Comment

Adamek i dont think ever sold 10k in the us. He came close but then went to europe to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by TR vs. GB View Post
                  The Klitschkos are the real cash cows of Boxing.
                  Originally posted by TR vs. GB View Post
                  Watch =+= Klitschko vs Mormeck Live : Sells 35,000 Tickets To Big Match
                  Just so we’ve got everything in order, the titles that will be at stake are: the WBA Super World heavyweight title, the IBF and WBO heavyweight titles, and the IBO (International Boxing Organization) championship. Of course, all that hardware means more to the fighters than it does to anyone else.

Klitschko vs Mormeck live streaming Mormeck is 36-4 with 22 KO’s and has “established” himself as a heavyweight with fights against Fres Oquendo and Timur Ibragimov. Those fights were very carefully placed in “friendly” territory. The Ibragimov fight in particular may have been a bit of a robbery;

Klitschko vs Mormeck live streaming

Mormeck won a split decision, in a place (France) where an opponent coming from overseas (Ibragimov is from Uzbekistan, but lives in Florida) is behind the eight-ball from the beginning and has to basically knock someone out with a two-by-four to win a fight.

Klitschko vs Mormeck live streaming Another thing – Mormeck was knocked out by Haye (in a cruiserweight title fight), which kind of takes away any of the suspense that might possibly exist in this upcoming matchup, even for those members of the media who would like nothing better than to shill for it.Mormeck acknowledged his underdog status. "I can imagine what the odds will look like for me against Wladimir Klitschko, but I know my skills."

of course they would sell out. WTF ELSE ARE ZE GERMANS GONNA WATCH?

They dont have the nba,mlb,nfl, nascar, mma, mls, college football, college basketball, hockey, and a host of other **** TO DO like americans do.

of course they would sell out. Its the only thing on the menu.

LMFAAOOOO.

Comment

Wasnt Adamek doing like 9k in NY/NJ w/e MainEvents host all their fights in that area. I think he brought like 10k people or around there
                    Prudential center in NJ holds around 18,000 and Tomasz was selling 11,000 (Grant fight)

Estrada fight.
                    Last edited by Mikhnienko; 02-29-2012, 07:08 PM.

Comment

to address the post :
                      devon alexander is a big ticket seller in st louis. ward does just OK in oakland. bradley not so much.

the biggest purses in boxing come from american PPV money

not ticket sales
                      not german TV money
                      Last edited by New England; 02-29-2012, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X