Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conspiracy Theories

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The bolded are ignorant statements. Have YOU actually resorted to alternative medicines when dealing with an illness?

I have and so has my family. That worked better for us than any synthetic prescription ever has. In fact prescription drugs in this particular case ended up doing more harm than good. The side effects were ridiculous. The natural alternative was painless, and actually took care of the problem for good. Rather than just put a band aid on it like prescription drugs usually do.
    What was the treatment and what was the illness?

One of the few benefits of the so called "alternative" therapies is that the patients often feel like they are getting a more personal service, they feel less like the subjects of scientific endeavour and more like actual people. This can have a positive effect in some cases.

The biggest issue is this sort of anecdotal claim. It lends legitimacy to treatments that simply do not work.

Comment

Originally posted by GetSumBrah View Post
      1-who killed JFK? mafia? u.s. govt.? russians? NWO? LBJ?
      Lee Harvey Oswald. He used a rifle.

2-is jack d ripper a douche bag? or just a "e" douche bag?
      Yes.

Comment

Go ahead and tell me that I'm mistaken though. Tell me that I'm gullible. You seem to think you have a better understanding of an individuals situation.
        Alright let's set aside my combative style for a moment: Do you think that practitioners of alternative medical treatment should have to prove that a) their treatments do more good than harm and b) that those treatments actually work?

Or should they be allowed to make claims without having to substantiate them?

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
          DDT is primarily used for spraying against mosquitoes. Not on crops.

And the codex doesn't "mandate" minimum levels of pesticides. It "recommends" maximum levels.

I don't know if you are deliverately lying in these posts of if you genuinely believe the utter bunk you spew.

Conventional medicines work. They have to. They also have to provide a benefit which is greater than the risk they represent. Medicines which do not work don't get approved. Medicines whose risk becomes greater than their benefit sometimes get approved but are always withdrawn when the detriment becomes known.

One of the most infuriating things about the malevolent conspiracy theory mob is the way that their willful lies result in losses for ordinary people. In the case of quack medicine the victims are usually the desperate, the absolute desperate, the ones who fear they are going to die or lose loved ones and are willing to try anything to get a cure. These charlatans prey on the most vulnerable people to shill their crap. They pose as "experts", and to help their cause they spread lies about "big pharma" and capitalist conspiracies.

The fact is that "Big Pharma" are regulated, and if they weren't then they would doubtless spew all sorts of bogus cures and wonder-drugs. They wouldn't need to make them too harmful because they wouldn't have to actually work. And let the free market play its role in the exploitation of the less educated.

As it stands today "Big Pharma" have to prove that their products work, or they have no products. Unfortunately for some reason rampant quackery and snake-oil is not working under the same restrictions and the result is widespread bull****.
          I used ddt as one of the many examples of the chemicals that will be "recommended" lol...
          Why would they recommend such poison to be sprayed on foods dumbass??

Big Pharma is about as regulated as the Military industrial complex.

Big pharma regulates the gov. not the other way around you blind fool.

Comment

Originally posted by JACK D. RIPPER View Post
            Cuz' your a predictable moron who doesn't do real research.

1)Administered by a global unregulated, unaccountable body= total tyranny

2)It mandates that previously banned pesticides like ddt to be used on crops at unsafe levels.

3)The only reason they want to end alternative medicine is because of pressure and lobbying from big pharma because they want to eliminate the competition.

4)This big paragraph is dog**** disguised as knowledge. Many of the FDA approved drugs kill millions of people every year and the FDA does nothing. How's that for medicine's "that work"...
            And who gives a **** what they call their supplements. Its called freedom of choice. If someone wants to buy vitamins instead of prozac what the fuk do you care??

5)The last paragraph is just the wrap to your own personal polemic on Codex which clearly you know nothing about.

Other posters might be fooled by you passing your opinion off as knowledge but you don't fool me you intellectually bankrupt turd.
            The bolded section is untrue. There is no mandate to irradiate crops.

R6: Will Codex require all fruits and vegetables even organically grown ones to be irradiated and sprayed with pesticides?
            No. Codex guidelines and standards deal with the safe and appropriate use of irradiation and pesticides. Codex does not prescribe the use of these techniques which is up to national legislation.

At the moment, the market for irradiated food is very small and its use is mainly for herbs and spices (see the video "The pepper trail" for more information about spices http://www.youtube.com/CodexAlim).
            The U.S is part of the WTO treaty so it is voluntary under threat of arbitration in unelected, unaccountable WTO court.

Thats the part where the WTO exerts is supra-national power and penalizes the U.S with fees for not complying.

Are you awake yet?

WTO, NAFTA and the rest of the trade agreements were all designed to strip national sovereignty away one layer at a time.

Your random quote proves nothing anyway. Don't bother.
            DSHEA protects the US from this "evil" anyway, so why are you so upset? Your country can (and probably will) ignore the voluntary scientific findings of the organization under the protection of DSHEA... Until the time that DSHEA is dismantled or changed, it "protects" the USA from any tyrannical oppression by the WTO. So if you are truly concerned I would recommend writing to your congress representative and urge them to stand behind DSHEA.

That "random quote" is actually official policy regarding the issue you are upset about so it is completely relevant to the issue you raised.

Comment

What was the treatment and what was the illness?

One of the few benefits of the so called "alternative" therapies is that the patients often feel like they are getting a more personal service, they feel less like the subjects of scientific endeavour and more like actual people. This can have a positive effect in some cases.

The biggest issue is this sort of anecdotal claim. It lends legitimacy to treatments that simply do not work.
              Personal polemic.

Invalid.

Comment

Lee Harvey Oswald. He used a rifle.

Yes.
                Personal polemic.
                Invalid.

And extra douchebag points for believing Arlen "magic bullet" Specter.

Santa Claus will see you on Dec. 24th little boy....

Comment

Alright let's set aside my combative style for a moment: Do you think that practitioners of alternative medical treatment should have to prove that a) their treatments do more good than harm and b) that those treatments actually work?

Or should they be allowed to make claims without having to substantiate them?
                  They are regulated already.

This would put them out of business by classifying them as illegal drugs.

Who's gonna go to the doctor to get a fuking prescription of god damn Vitamin C you hopeless excuse for a human being?

Comment

Here's a conspiracy theory:

The reason Antonio Margarito lost to Shane Mosely was because it wasnt Antonio Margarito, but rather a Martian replica. Oscar Delahoya and Floyd Mayweather paid off N.A.S.A. to abuct the real Margarito and put him in outerspace.

Margarito now dwells among the Martians.. He currently has plans with Russia to build a missle to destroy the earth.

The Russians plan on moving to Pluto for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by JackNapier View Post
                      The bolded section is untrue. There is no mandate to irradiate crops.

DSHEA protects the US from this "evil" anyway, so why are you so upset? Your country can (and probably will) ignore the voluntary scientific findings of the organization under the protection of DSHEA... Until the time that DSHEA is dismantled or changed, it "protects" the USA from any tyrannical oppression by the WTO. So if you are truly concerned I would recommend writing to your congress representative and urge them to stand behind DSHEA.

That "random quote" is actually official policy regarding the issue you are upset about so it is completely relevant to the issue you raised.
                      It is mandated or um...I'm sorry recommended.

You are right about DSHEA but it is constantly under attack by big pharma. And I'm not sure that Codex won't supercede DSHEA because of the U.S's ties to the WTO.

Comment

Working...
                      X