Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maybe size does matter; pacquiao's lawyer requests 145 catchweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agentsmith View Post
    This will be Clotteys first mega pay day, im sure he will try and risk it.
    He would kill himself to do that. Really, really bad.

i stood right next to the fighters at the Cotto-Clottey weigh-in. Cotto made 146 no sweat - was standing, chatting, clearly in great shape. Clottey immediately plopped his a** down and swallowed bottle after bottle of pedialyte. For at least 15-20 minutes. It was scary. The guy belongs at 154 (he's fought there several times before) and can barely make welter. 145? Not a chance.

Comment

It's for the world mannyweight championship, of course it's at 145.

Comment

Aren't people going to start saying the same thing as with Cotto... "It's only 2 pounds"?

Bloody punks.

Comment

I don't see how Josh will be able to make it down to 145. Dude is a big guy. IMDAZED, I noticed what you said about the weigh-in, that is crazy. Maybe 154 will be better for him and healthier for him too.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            He would kill himself to do that. Really, really bad.

i stood right next to the fighters at the Cotto-Clottey weigh-in. Cotto made 146 no sweat - was standing, chatting, clearly in great shape. Clottey immediately plopped his a** down and swallowed bottle after bottle of pedialyte. For at least 15-20 minutes. It was scary. The guy belongs at 154 (he's fought there several times before) and can barely make welter. 145? Not a chance.
            Damn, I didn't know he had that much trouble making weight, if that's the case then it is really time to move up. I'm assuming Roach saw this too, which is why they want the fight at a catch-weight. I still think he will risk it though and of course come into the ring less than 100%. I mean this is his first chance to make maybe 1m+, he said he got around 700k for the Cotto fight.

Comment

that lawyer is a d!ckhead. He has been in the past, and he is showing the same again now. He should be asswh@pped for even using the catchweight strategy. What's his excuse for a catchweight? Pacquiao has settled well in the division.

Comment

I don't think it's true because I just can't see Clottey getting down to 145 but if it is that's a huge ***** move by Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by al22tec View Post
                  that lawyer is a d!ckhead. He has been in the past, and he is showing the same again now. He should be asswh@pped for even using the catchweight strategy. What's his excuse for a catchweight? Pacquiao has settled well in the division.
                  I think all boxing heads know the bolded part of your statement.

Comment

arum, roach, koncz, clottey's manager, and rick reeno say it is 147.

gacal is a media-hogging dingbat. he's being roasted at pacland at the moment.

i'll roast pac if he agrees to forcing clottey to go 145.

Comment

Pacquiao? Demanding the fight with Clottey at a catchweight?? No fukin way! This does not seem like the Pac-Man we all know.

Comment

Working...
                      X