Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Terence Crawford, Felix Diaz - Go Face To Face at MSG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now people are starting to write Diaz off.
    Diaz is one of the best at pulling the upset, since his amateur days when he won the olympic gold medal beating the defending champion in the finals.
    Diaz recently took the 0 out of the touted Sammy Vasquez, a fight that only a few people here expected Diaz to win.
    He also fought Lamont Peterson and in the eyes of most, he beat him and many think it wasn't close; Lamont right now is in the top 5 of the welterweight division and arguably beat Garcia before Thurman.
    Diaz also beat Adrian Granados who recently gave Adrien Broner a tough fight that many felt Granados won and beat Granados in better fashion than Broner, dropping him twice in the process.
    People are starting to write Diaz off because they don't want him to win and want to call him a bum if he losses or just because they don't want to give Bud credit if he beats him.

Comment

Could be another Gamboa vs Crawford fight. But this time Gamboa is fighting at his true weight. No excuses.

Comment

I didn't know Oshkosh B'gosh sold suits.

DiBella looking like he's going on his first job interview after a decade in prison.

Comment

Possible upset here.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
            Possible upset here.
            You think so?

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
              Diaz is one of the best at pulling the upset, since his amateur days when he won the olympic gold medal beating the defending champion in the finals.
              Diaz recently took the 0 out of the touted Sammy Vasquez, a fight that only a few people here expected Diaz to win.
              He also fought Lamont Peterson and in the eyes of most, he beat him and many think it wasn't close; Lamont right now is in the top 5 of the welterweight division and arguably beat Garcia before Thurman.
              Diaz also beat Adrian Granados who recently gave Adrien Broner a tough fight that many felt Granados won and beat Granados in better fashion than Broner, dropping him twice in the process.
              People are starting to write Diaz off because they don't want him to win and want to call him a bum if he losses or just because they don't want to give Bud credit if he beats him.
              Who are these "people" of which you speak? Can some of you cats saying everyone is doing something quit bsing, man the f#ck up & aim your responses directly at those "everyones" cuz everyone isn't doing the same thing when we are talking about almost everything. Verbally push some mfing "peoples" kids head in a cheese f#cking pizza brother.

But honestly I don't think anyone was thinking this was a 50/50 or even 60/40 fight upon it being discussed, signed or with this presser having taken place.

Does Diaz deserve a big fight? Hell f#cking yea. I thought he deserved the decision over Peterson & he beat a solid prospect in Vasquez which I don't think many saw coming or at very least weren't confident of. But deserving a fight don't make it even or a legit challenge.

For me, & I've been saying this for awhile if you wanna check my posting history, Crawford needs to move up for challenges cuz there are none at 140. The only fight thats worth taking at 140 right now in my eyes is Indongo & he's hemmed up with Ricky Burns next time out & I'm not even confident at calling that a challenge for Crawford.

Comment

i like diaz chances here, the man is an olympic gold medallist. so you know he is a skilled fighter

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
                  Spot on. People are probably not familiar with Diaz. He's always looked good. This is a good fight.

Comment

Diaz was gifted that Olympic Gold Medal.
                    Got gifts against Vastine of France and Joyce of Ireland.
                    The Vastine fight wasn't even close. Clear robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      Who are these "people" of which you speak? Can some of you cats saying everyone is doing something quit bsing, man the f#ck up & aim your responses directly at those "everyones" cuz everyone isn't doing the same thing when we are talking about almost everything. Verbally push some mfing "peoples" kids head in a cheese f#cking pizza brother.

But honestly I don't think anyone was thinking this was a 50/50 or even 60/40 fight upon it being discussed, signed or with this presser having taken place.

Does Diaz deserve a big fight? Hell f#cking yea. I thought he deserved the decision over Peterson & he beat a solid prospect in Vasquez which I don't think many saw coming or at very least weren't confident of. But deserving a fight don't make it even or a legit challenge.

For me, & I've been saying this for awhile if you wanna check my posting history, Crawford needs to move up for challenges cuz there are none at 140. The only fight thats worth taking at 140 right now in my eyes is Indongo & he's hemmed up with Ricky Burns next time out & I'm not even confident at calling that a challenge for Crawford.
                      Don't take it so personally dude.
                      Just look at the threads before Diaz fought Vasquez or the threads were Diaz said he was being avoided, people there always write him off, but i don't need to say names because first, i don't recognize many users here to actually point at someone and say, yeah it was him and second, because I don't care, I'm just saying that people are always underestimating Diaz and if he losses, people will call him a bum because a lot of people here can't accept a fighter with losses and that's a fact and also that people would like to hate on him just to discredit Crawford like the guy in this thread said that Postol wasn't a top guy even when he was the clear #2 in 140 before facing Crawford.
                      I'm not saying that Diaz will win, but i wouldn't be surprised if he does.

Comment

Working...
                      X