No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: I Did My Part on McGregor, Now Up To The UFC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
    You sure? How bout the Muhammad Ali Boxing Reform Act?
    My understanding is that act is protection against bad contracts, and his is fine. If he hadn't put so much importance on keeping that FW belt for a year without ever defending it he might not be in this position now, but he insisted he have a belt at all times and refused to relinquish the LW belt when he took maternity leave.

whole thing is stupid but it's what he wanted, 2 weight champion and that comes with a champion's contract clause. If he'd vacated both titles before he took his leave, he'd only need to fight out his contract and then he could fight elsewhere. So basically right now he needs to fight 3 times for the UFC to get out of his contract (if he has less than 3 fights on his contract) if his champion's clause is the same as Eddie Alvarez's was back in 2013.

I don't think he wants to spend years of his career fighting the UFC to get out of his contract when he could just fight the fights. The main problem is that the UFC are not boxing promoters and don't pay the kind of money boxing can, therefore they don't really have any business being involved in that contest. They just want free money and they don't give a f*#@ about McGregor really.

Amir Khan made more from the Canelo fight than any UFC fighter has made from a single fight, and that includes Conor McGregor.

Comment

Originally posted by Sn1 View Post
      Amir Khan made more from the Canelo fight than any UFC fighter has made from a single fight, and that includes Conor McGregor.
      This is unrelated, but you might find it interesting:

Brock is still their biggest draw and highest paid athlete. They don't include his numbers when the UFC is bragging about how well a home grown is doing, but to this day their biggest fighter is the part time pro wrestler.

Comment

Working...
      X