Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There will be no rematch between Burgos and Martinez.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There will be no rematch between Burgos and Martinez.

http://www.primerahora.com/nohabrare...ml#comentarios

The WBO got 5 independent officials to judge the fight, then added their scorecards to the three that judged the fight live, and decided it wasnt enough to warrant an immediate rematch between the two.

Martinez's promoter Peter Rivera said he respects and agrees with the decision and that Burgos is now a closed chapter in Martinez's career, though he agreed the two could fight again in the future.

So now the Martinez-Magdaleno in China talks continue.

Thank you Valcarcel?
    Last edited by ELHURACAN58; 02-12-2013, 10:19 AM.

No Surprise there! Magdaleno will be champion pretty soon then..

Comment

Originally posted by RIZO24 View Post
      No Surprise there! Magdaleno will be champion pretty soon then..
      i hope he comes to fight, we know rocky will.

Comment

Man, boxing needs to seriously be fixed. I feel bad for Burgos, it was a good fight but Burgos schooled him in the later rounds and his work to the body won the fight.

He will never get that back and even though he will have other chances, as Teddy Atlas said, those punches can't be taken back. Boxing isn't like other sports, every fight you have takes a little something from you.

I'm so sick and tired of the corruption and mishandling of decisions in the sport. It's pushed the sport into the fringe and most mainstream fans just don't watch anymore.

Comment

whats new ricans ducking their papis

Comment

no way rocky won that fight. He didn't even land a significant punch on mini b. On the contrary, burgos hurt martinez SEVERAL times and specially to the body.

That's B.S.
            boxing is a pos sometimes

Comment

Working...
            X