No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cory Spinks is Set To Retire From Boxing, Says Christy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Achilles 2.0 View Post
    I wish him the best. Hate all you want, but he did some things in boxing that most can only dream of. Undisputed WW Champ, broke attendance record for indoor arena, won some major upsets, etc.

Would have been nice if the statement was from him, but....

Hopefully him and his family will find success in their future endeavors.
    His performance against Mayorga was disgraceful. He threw himself on the floor everytime he was in trouble.

Comment

I havent heard about him in years. Last time I saw him fight think it was the Taylor fight. Were his fights even on ESPN after that?

Comment

He looked bad against Molina. Definitely should hang them up. Ref was definitely playing favorites though. Which was funny, considering Molina didn't need any help. But he was all over Spinks for having his head down and excessive holding, but Molina hit on the break several times. Oh well. Also, the K9 dis was pointless. He's older than Spinks by 5 years anyway.

Comment

He should have retired years ago but at least he ends it now before he really gets hurt bad

Comment

Cory Spinks was one of the most skilled and talented boxer's in the game in his prime.

Comment

good fighter at his best, but never elite. have a good retirement, C.

Comment

Good to know he's retiring enjoy your retirement Cory.

Comment

I was surprised to see him after that viscous ass beating from K9

He got mauled out there.

Shyt looked like Ike and Tina Turner.

Comment

Wouldn't be a shock if in three or eight months he comes out of retirement because he needs the money or something.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
                      good fighter at his best, but never elite. have a good retirement, C.
                      spinks unified three world titles, he holds wins over several very good fighters and was at one point ranked pretty high p4p.

he may not have stayed elite for long, but he was certainly elite at one point.

Comment

Working...
                      X