No announcement yet.

Sergey Kovalev vs. Gabriel Campillo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

never seen kovalev till right now. He seems pretty good. Throws great combos and has power. I think he took on the wrong fighter campillo will be to fast for him and show him to many angles. Campillo might taste the canvas but should win a clear dec

Comment

Originally posted by apocalypto View Post
        never seen kovalev till right now. He seems pretty good. Throws great combos and has power. I think he took on the wrong fighter campillo will be to fast for him and show him to many angles. Campillo might taste the canvas but should win a clear dec
        That's one of the reasons i like Kovalev and what makes this fight so interesting. Kovalev has good athleticism, footspeed and can throw power punches in combination while up on his toes, he's very light on his feet. An opponents lateral movement won't negate his ability to get off power punches like it does for alot of punchers who are more flat footed like Cloud or Shumenov.

While Campillo is very mobile and has good footwork he is actually slightly flat footed, certainly in comparison to Kovalev, he won't have that advantage in this fight.
        Last edited by Mikhnienko; 01-19-2013, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
          That's one of the reasons i like Kovalev and what makes this fight so interesting. Kovalev has good athleticism, footspeed and can throw power punches in combination while up on his toes, he's very light on his feet. An opponents lateral movement won't negate his ability to get off power punches like it does for alot of punchers who are more flat footed like Cloud or Shumenov.

While Campillo is very mobile and has good footwork he is actually slightly flat footed, certainly in comparison to Kovalev, he won't have that advantage in this fight.
          No doubt he will catch campillo which is why I said campillo might be on his ass. But campillo has way faster combos and his uppercut is one of the best in the game. Campillo will hit and move and turn kovalev but kovalevs power and tenacity will make it interesting. Huge step up for kovalev but to much at this point of his career.

Comment

Comment

Campillo by decision

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
                Two hours until the fight.
                what time does the opener start in US pacific time?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
                  6 PM Pacific, that a little under an hour from now.

Interestingly, the odds are 13/8 in favor of Campillo. But I think they're wrong.

Why? campillo has been in with the best light heavys and beat them kovalev hasnt simple ass that really

Comment

I can't help but feel Campillo gets robbed

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                      I can't help but feel Campillo gets robbed
                      that would be fcked up. IF that happened and i was campillo i would literally go punch the judges in their face

Comment

Working...
                      X