Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo-GGG NOT happening in September, but in May...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol you're putting this fight on a pedestal like it's gonna be some war. It's gonna be a boxing lesson given out by Canelo. This fight can happen on a Thursday.

Comment

I agree that the fight won't happen this September. I can see it happening NEXT September, with some chance of it happening in May.

Canelo and his people can see a decline in Golovkin's abilities, but he still looks superior. His unspectacular win against Jacobs was due in part to Jacobs himself being a quality opponent who followed his own weigh-in procedure, skipping the IBF weigh-in while Golovkin had to make it. A nice advantage for a big guy like Jacobs.

The plan is to squeeze it out a little longer. Let Golovkin get to his 36th birthday, let him decline more.

September 2017 is still too soon. It won't happen.

Comment

always thought is not gonna happen, ever, and so far I've seen nothing to make me think differently

Comment

Poor OLDlovkin & his 3 fans... lol

Comment

team canelo never intended for the fight to happen this year, all that garbage they spewed last year about definitely fighting ggg in 2017 was just that, garbage. canelo and his team are pathetic, hopefully chavez pulls off the upset on saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
              team canelo never intended for the fight to happen this year, all that garbage they spewed last year about definitely fighting ggg in 2017 was just that, garbage. canelo and his team are pathetic, hopefully chavez pulls off the upset on saturday.
              I have to agree with you. No way Canelo and GB had any intention of fighting Golovkin this year. And if people think Canelo will outbox Golovkin think again. Golovkin has one of the best jabs in the business. We all saw what Mayweather did to Canelo and what Golovkin did to Lemieux with that jab. Still its a fantasy fight. Joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                The answer may be correct but your math is all wrong. Nobody cares about it falling on the exact day. People celebrate it on the weekend.

If it happens in May, it's done so that it plays to Canelo's favor. It's looking like they've already set up the smokescreen with the WBC/WBO thing, along with roadblocking the GG/Saunders fight so that Canelo can fight Saunders in Sept. Then, when another birthday has passed for Golovkin, they can fight him next May. Could all be a conspiracy theory but it sure looks like its coming together they way.
                If they scoop the Saunders fight I will personally strangle Tom Loeffler myself. I THINK, just imo, that Saunders is such a nobody, that GBP is not willing to buy his belt the same way that K2 is. GBP tried to do Saunders on an undercard and Saunders let that opportunity slip. I think they rematch Chavez if it is at all close, or Lemieux if not.

In fact I am calling Lemieux crashing the ring post fight or the press conference post fight, and then Canelo "has" to punish his disrespect, blah blah, kicking GGG till May. Classic wrestling promotion.

Comment

Originally posted by Deletrious View Post
                  If they scoop the Saunders fight I will personally strangle Tom Loeffler myself. I THINK, just imo, that Saunders is such a nobody, that GBP is not willing to buy his belt the same way that K2 is. GBP tried to do Saunders on an undercard and Saunders let that opportunity slip. I think they rematch Chavez if it is at all close, or Lemieux if not.

In fact I am calling Lemieux crashing the ring post fight or the press conference post fight, and then Canelo "has" to punish his disrespect, blah blah, kicking GGG till May. Classic wrestling promotion.
                  I didn't even know Lemieux was on the card until yesterday. Seems like an odd place to put him other than building up a Canelo fight, as you said.

Says a lot about this fight when few are talking about who will win, we're all talking about what Canelo does next.

Comment

Smh, fight is not going to happen, ever

Comment

Originally posted by Graz View Post
                      I have to agree with you. No way Canelo and GB had any intention of fighting Golovkin this year. And if people think Canelo will outbox Golovkin think again. Golovkin has one of the best jabs in the business. We all saw what Mayweather did to Canelo and what Golovkin did to Lemieux with that jab. Still its a fantasy fight. Joke.
                      Exactly!!!!! GGG would pick the diva to pieces before knocking her out.

Comment

Working...
                      X