There will be no Haye-Klitschko fight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by braddman View Post
    Here's why.

1) David Haye already owes Valuev a rematch and Valuev WILL enforce that clause.
    2) David Haye, win or lose against Ruiz, will have a rematch clause in that contract.
    3) Chagaev and Meehan are fighting for Haye's joke manadatory position. How this continually happens is just a crime to boxing.
    4) Haye will be tied up for at least the next 2 years fighting Ruiz, Valuev and Chagaev who no matter if they lose or not, keep being made mandatory challengers.

It's a no win situation for Haye. He chose the worst most crooked organization to become paper champion in, and now you see why there will NEVER be a Klitschko fight.

So David Haye complained about a "slave contract" and he's in one. He has ENDLESS Ruiz/Valuev/Chagaev fights coming his way in a crap organization.
    theres is no re-match clause in the haye-ruiz fight and it will happen because haye wont be around boxing for too long and he wants the big fights,as long as the klits dont put in a 3 fight clause like last time then all should be good

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
      1) dunno about that, you got a link?
      2)If there is a rematch clause with haye vs ruiz, then surely its haye's option, not ruiz. so if haye wins then that wont matter.
      3)never knew that but agreed.
      4)Haye will only be fighting for the next 2 years, so if the valuev clause is true, then thats only 1 fight. He will chase his goals of trying to be undisputed until somebody beats him. And cant Haye vacate the title if he wants anyway??!!!!
      Valuev rematch clause is true but Valuev either can't get the rematch right away or didn't want it. I can't remember which. You DO know most of the time a champion has a rematch clause just in case, right?

No I agree with you, he should vacate and fight Wlad or Vitali, but I think he wants that belt for some reason.

Comment

Haye's team gave Ruiz money to step back and promised him a future fight. This is a better option for Ruiz than fighting Valuev isn't it? he gets $$ now and more $$ when he fights Haye.

I have heard this rematch clause with Valuev but Haye and his team have denied this.

Haye has been gunning for the K brothers since he stepped up to HW. To say he will not fight them for millions of pounds is daft.

Comment

Originally posted by braddman View Post
          Valuev rematch clause is true but Valuev either can't get the rematch right away or didn't want it. I can't remember which. You DO know most of the time a champion has a rematch clause just in case, right?

No I agree with you, he should vacate and fight Wlad or Vitali, but I think he wants that belt for some reason.
          yes. so how would ruiz have the option of a rematch?! he aint the champion.

Comment

Originally posted by HM_Luke View Post
            Haye's team gave Ruiz money to step back and promised him a future fight. This is a better option for Ruiz than fighting Valuev isn't it? he gets $$ now and more $$ when he fights Haye.

I have heard this rematch clause with Valuev but Haye and his team have denied this.

Haye has been gunning for the K brothers since he stepped up to HW. To say he will not fight them for millions of pounds is daft.
            Yeah but here's the problem. Valuev will want to fight for the belt in the rematch. If he vacates, I'm sure Valuev won't give a rats ass about fighting him again.

Valuev is obviously too scared to fight for Vitali's belt..2.5 million later...

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
              yes. so how would ruiz have the option of a rematch?! he aint the champion.
              There are always cases of mutual rematch clauses. It happens all the time. I don't know for sure if this one has one, but you know if Ruiz loses, he'll fight one chump then get recycled as the mandatory.

I think it sucks honestly, Haye should have left Valuev there and went for the big dogs so he didn't get caught up in this WBO crooked nonsense.

Comment

Do you have copies of Haye's promotional and fight contracts? The fact is, nobody really knows what rematch clauses Haye is contractually obliged to fulfil. Maybe Valuev thinks he has a rematch clause, but contracts and promotion can be misleading. Considering Haye wants to retire in a couple of years, I doubt that he wants to spend that time fighting the likes of Valuev, Chagaev, and Ruiz.

I'm predicting Haye vs V.Klitschko will be up next.

Comment

False, Ruiz won't have the option of a rematch. Once you dispose of your mandatory that is it.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
                    False, Ruiz won't have the option of a rematch. Once you dispose of your mandatory that is it.
                    How come Chagaev and Ruiz keep getting recycled then and they keep losing?

You're wrong about the rematch clause though. Belts non withstanding, you can have a rematch clause in a contract and enforce that.

Comment

Originally posted by timba1988 View Post
                      Do you have copies of Haye's promotional and fight contracts? The fact is, nobody really knows what rematch clauses Haye is contractually obliged to fulfil. Maybe Valuev thinks he has a rematch clause, but contracts and promotion can be misleading. Considering Haye wants to retire in a couple of years, I doubt that he wants to spend that time fighting the likes of Valuev, Chagaev, and Ruiz.

I'm predicting Haye vs V.Klitschko will be up next.
                      Prediction wrong. Haye vs. Ruiz is next.

I don't need Hayes contract, Valuev has stated on several occasions there was a rematch clause in place. He was the champion, why would he NOT have one?

Comment

Working...
                      X