Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner: I Won That Fight, You All Know I Beat Jessie Vargas!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This guy has a lot of nerve to claim robbery and act like an absolute fool in the post fight interview.

He's had robberies over Quintero and Ponce de Leon as well as arguable gifts against Malignaggi and Granados.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
      Surely Vargas had a little help from the peds considering all the acne all over him.
      If they fight again i reckon Broner has the most to improve on.
      I was thinking it was the other way around. Vargas with a fool training camp would do better. He was doing well till he got tired

Comment

The consensus going into this fight was that Vargas would not only win but might actually stop Broner.

The reality is that Broner was walking him down most of the fight.
        In all honesty i think Broner "exposed" Vargas as nothing more than a competent but average fighter a lot more than he exposed Broner.

The draw is a fair decision.

Congrats to both. Respect to Broner.

Comment

I could see a draw, although I had Vargas ahead by a round from his strong early start. Broner turned the tide and was crisper, just not busy enough. Close and fairly entertaining bout that could have gone either way. IMHO

Comment

I felt Vargas got it, but a draw isn't unreasonable. I also believe Broner and Vargas are cool with each other (maybe even friends) and Broner was trying to sell the rematch so they can both get paid a good amount for the next go around.

Comment

I thought it was a close fight, not mad at the draw. Vargas had the early rounds and Broner mostly the late rounds. However, both fighters would get schooled by the current top welterweights and jnr welterweights.

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
                This guy has a lot of nerve to claim robbery and act like an absolute fool in the post fight interview.

He's had robberies over Quintero and Ponce de Leon as well as arguable gifts against Malignaggi and Granados.
                I always said that after the De Leon fight that Broner had a lot of flaws and when he moved to welterweight, I knew it was only time before he became exposed. he's an okay fighter but mostly a gatekeeper now.

Comment

Originally posted by slimPickings View Post
                  The consensus going into this fight was that Vargas would not only win but might actually stop Broner.

The reality is that Broner was walking him down most of the fight.
                  In all honesty i think Broner "exposed" Vargas as nothing more than a competent but average fighter a lot more than he exposed Broner.

The draw is a fair decision.

Congrats to both. Respect to Broner.
                  I agree in the sense Broner had been exposed time and time again. I didn't see anything I didn't already know from him. People can say whatever they want about Broner, for the better or worse, he isn't afraid to just let guys rip shots on him. He's shown great durability and toughness.

Vargas on the other hand looked the opposite. It just goes to show the Pacquiao fight wasn't a fluke. He simply isn't very durable. I'll say Broner has better power than people think. Regardless Vargas is doing the right thing being a more puncher-boxer/brawler, it's just probably not going to work out for him being he got to where he is being something else. A quick cautious boxer-puncher. There's also some things you have to be born with. One of those is durability and he for some reason to me doesn't look physically up for the task at welterweight.

Comment

Julie lederman

Shame on you Julie Lederman.

ab is an absolute classless *******.

Why does everyone say he is "...good for boxing...".

No he's NOT!

He is a crass coon.

He is ALWAYS shouting "...no ****.." and calling something, "...gay...".

Again....shame on you Julie Lederman.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
                      Surely Vargas had a little help from the peds considering all the acne all over him.
                      If they fight again i reckon Broner has the most to improve on.
                      I reckon you’re a dumbass.

I also reckon Broner is on peds and crack, see I can spit bogus bs too.

Comment

Working...
                      X