Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amir Khan: "I'm not risking my life. I'm not fighting Brook"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brook said in March after knocking his mandatory out that he was looking for the bigger fights. So Khan can STFU. Brook is the #1 ranked welterweight in the world, undefeated, a world champion, and if he wins his title unification match with Jessie Vargas in September, he'll be holding two belts at 147 instead of just one. What title has Khan ever won at 147?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Why even bother playing dumb? What you're doing is very transparent.
        Last edited by LacedUp; 06-17-2016, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          DESPITE suffering a devastating knockout against then WBC middleweight champion Saul “Canelo” Alvarez, Amir Khan maintained he would box the Mexican again, but only down in his division – welterweight.

“I don’t think I’ll be going up to that weight again,” Khan told the Saima Ajram show. “I’m going to be real and I’m going to tell you there’s no point because I’m risking my life and my health. I’ve got a family. If he came down to my weight, I’d take the fight any day.”

Though Amir added, “He would never come to my weight, I don’t think it will ever happen again.”

He seemed similarly unconvinced that he would take on his British rival Kell Brook. “I’ve fought the best fighters in the world and still am fighting the best fighters in the world, I’m still the number one position for the best world titles in the world as well. But the thing with Kell Brook, I just think there’s no point because he’s not fighting the A-list fighters and also because I'm a little biatch. I’m taking tough punishment fighting the best fighters in the world and Kell Brook’s fighting the easy guys. He wants to fight me, he wants to make big money, he wants to make easy money fighting me. So I’m not going to give him the opportunity. I just want him to prove himself and if he proves himself and fights even half of the fighters I’ve fought then I’ll take the fight,” Amir insisted. “Why should I give him that opportunity when he doesn’t deserve it?”

Instead he is targeting a rematch with a man who hold a knockout win over him. “I’d like to fight Danny Garcia because he has the WBC world title,” Khan explained. “I’m in the number one position for that title fight so I’d love to take that fight. If it happens, who knows? But that’s something I’m going to be chasing.”

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/amir...-middleweight/

Interestingly enough, Khan who has 4 losses and 3 KO losses and hasn't been a world champion or anything near it for half a decade, who's been fighting sub-par opposition for 5 years is telling the guy who's about to unify the welterweight division to prove himself.

The irony is uncanny
          You are a pathetic excuse for a man and a human being. If you walked into my gym, I'd send you to hospital.

Comment

Go back to kfc

Comment

This situation mirrors the Cameltoè vs GGG situation, the tougher man isn't needed by the weaker headliner, these guys need Khan and Cameltoè to be relevant, as unfortunate as it sounds it is what it is, all the while the boxing fans suffer. Besides Brook should be going after the likes of Thurman, Garcia and Bradley, instead his fans have taken to boards to call out Khan for his reluctantance to give Brook an opportunity, dont you guys wanna see him unify or just richly awarded for avoiding the top guys waiting for a payday like Kan just did ? You guys are hypocrites.

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
                Go back to kfc
                Lol. Dude dont eat at KFC, he's a vegetarian.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  DESPITE suffering a devastating knockout against then WBC middleweight champion Saul “Canelo” Alvarez, Amir Khan maintained he would box the Mexican again, but only down in his division – welterweight.

“I don’t think I’ll be going up to that weight again,” Khan told the Saima Ajram show. “I’m going to be real and I’m going to tell you there’s no point because I’m risking my life and my health. I’ve got a family. If he came down to my weight, I’d take the fight any day.”

Though Amir added, “He would never come to my weight, I don’t think it will ever happen again.”

He seemed similarly unconvinced that he would take on his British rival Kell Brook. “I’ve fought the best fighters in the world and still am fighting the best fighters in the world, I’m still the number one position for the best world titles in the world as well. But the thing with Kell Brook, I just think there’s no point because he’s not fighting the A-list fighters and also because I'm a little biatch. I’m taking tough punishment fighting the best fighters in the world and Kell Brook’s fighting the easy guys. He wants to fight me, he wants to make big money, he wants to make easy money fighting me. So I’m not going to give him the opportunity. I just want him to prove himself and if he proves himself and fights even half of the fighters I’ve fought then I’ll take the fight,” Amir insisted. “Why should I give him that opportunity when he doesn’t deserve it?”

Instead he is targeting a rematch with a man who hold a knockout win over him. “I’d like to fight Danny Garcia because he has the WBC world title,” Khan explained. “I’m in the number one position for that title fight so I’d love to take that fight. If it happens, who knows? But that’s something I’m going to be chasing.”

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/amir...-middleweight/

Interestingly enough, Khan who has 4 losses and 3 KO losses and hasn't been a world champion or anything near it for half a decade, who's been fighting sub-par opposition for 5 years is telling the guy who's about to unify the welterweight division to prove himself.

The irony is uncanny

this has got to be faked

also, title is misleading. i htink he was talking about not going to MW again when he mentioned "risking his health." i'd need to see the tape, because again, this is pretty obviously not his words.

Comment

Would you like a bucketfull of fail with this fail?

Comment

pretty sad you had to lie to get people to click on here

Comment

Working...
                      X