Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones: James Toney Was The Man - But I Annihilated Him!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok Roy enough with I jumped up from middle weight bs... no boxer walks around at their fighting weight thats a bunch of bs, you look at canelo who started at 154 pounds, now is fighting at 160 pounds who fought at a catch weight of 164 pounds not to far from the super middle weight division.

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
      Ok let's run this down. He beat Hopkins early. Mike mcallum is not elite, Ruiz is fat trash and you got Toney who is also not an HOF as of yet. Wow!
      Toney isn’t retired. He’s a first ballot hall of fame entrant the moment he is eligible.

Comment

Originally posted by Nomadic View Post
        Enough Said!
        Not top 20 with that bs resume. Nough said

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
          Toney isn’t retired. He’s a first ballot hall of fame entrant the moment he is eligible.
          So that's Roys golden fight huh? Lawd have mercy

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
            I never liked him & it gave me great pleasure watching Tarver KO him in 2 but he was never the same after going up to 200lbs & fighting Ruiz. When he dropped that 30lbs he lost his timing & ability to avoid punches from light heavyweights. He was never the same after that fight. He should have retired then or fought a few small heavyweights. He was a shell of his former self after Ruiz. Before Ruiz he was a league above the rest. Too bad he never fought Tarver before he fought Ruiz.
            Wasn't there an undefeated Polish guy in his weight class that he didn't fight to fight Ruiz? Hmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
              Toney not a hall of famer? Maybe after he was old & fat. You must be pretty young because if you were around in that era you would know exactly how great he was. He had no competition. Joe Calzaghe who owned the WBO belt before it was recognized as a world title wouldn’t come to Vegas to fight him until after he lost a few times & was on the serious decline. It is hard to remember Jones back then because he has been smashed so many times since. Toney was a menace back in his middleweight days. It is easier to disregard a former fighter when you were not there at the time of his prime. Maybe i’m wrong about your age but you don’t seem to be too old. You actually have to be of that era to really understand the greatness. Believe me I hated Roy Jones but when i look back I got to say he was pretty awesome...
              Woah I am not saying roy wasn't good. Roy had super powers. But he's not the goat. SRR is. And honestly he's not better than floyd. If you include the all time heavyweights in the list. Roy and Floyd do not Crack Top Ten maybe even top 20 P4P.

Comment

Roy in his prime was one of the best fighters ever to get in the ring. Beating Toney, Ruiz, Hopkins and other fighters with the greatest of ease was remarkable. He didn't just beat them he dominated and embarrassed them.

Comment

Not top 20 with that bs resume. Nough said
                  Who's your top 5?

People who's top 5, that are on black and white film, are closed minded about newer talent. I'm not afraid to say someone is better than Ray Robinson, Ali and the other late greatest.

Comment

Ok let's run this down. He beat Hopkins early. Mike mcallum is not elite, Ruiz is fat trash and you got Toney who is also not an HOF as of yet. Wow!
                    Mike McCallum is elite.

Although finished when Roy beat him.

But to say he wasn't an elite fighter is ridiculousm

Comment

James Toney and Ruiz is your hall of fame ticket? Hmmmmmmmmmmm
                      A win over Toney in his prime is highly impressive so I'm not sure what your issue is...

Comment

Working...
                      X