Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let’s all pull our money together a create a new belt.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
    With the fans there’s no other belts. We will just watch our new belt fighters and push it on the fighters to hold our belt.
    Your heart is in the right place man, I agree with a lot of your points as the ABC’s are corrupt as f*** but I just don’t think creating another belt is the solution.

It will be so hard to gain traction, from fighters, promoters etc and it will be, ostensibly, just adding to the problem by adding yet another “world title” belt to the mix.

I just pay no attention to the ABC’s these days, I just recognise who the lineal or true #1 in the division. The belts are just objects and marketing tools nowadays.

Comment

Let’s be honest the WBC has lost their damn minds with this franchise champion bs.

Boxing is not going to fix it self. It’s going to take us the fans to fix this nonsense that’s going on.

Everybody on here claims they are making six figures and all this bs let’s actually make a change it’s 2020. Theirs Atleast 4,000 of us on here on boxingscene, if we all put in $100 that is $400,000 ! That’s more then enough money to start an decent company / new belt.

This belt will be different it will be created by the fans for the fans. Instead of an CEO or President we will be members of the committee. We will vote on rankings, mandatories , judging , referring , drug policies and etc.

I think we should Atleast consider the idea.

I’m surprised they haven’t canned you yet
      Not because your idea is far from reality
      Actually cause you hit that dead on
      Who we chopping first , cause they’re all fughin thieves
      4 belts but when you shine franchise
      Imagine back in the day , they would of just taken care of the problem , swept under the rug
      Thieves I tell you
      And us like sheep barking but unfortunately not biting

Comment

Everybody on here claims they are making six figures and all this bs
        I mean some of these jokers been on here since 07. I was 90lbs, 4'2 & 11 years old back then. I'd expect these near 40 year olds to be making 6 figures by now when they've clearly been able to use the internet 5x as long as I have. I didnt get my first computer (laptop) till 2018. It be ashamed if was making more than these guys.

Comment

good idea, the peoples belt

or the BS Belt (boxingscene ofc)

or the NotCaneloBelt (NCB)

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
            Oh, well, ****, I like it. If you get something going I'll donate my hundo.

Also, my name is Adam Scott Ramos. I am an inventor by trade. Specifically I am a mold maker, a toolist. I make things that make things.

Obviously chances of anything happening are low, and if anything did get going outsourcing is probably the route to take, but, if there is something going and you just need some merch or awards or whatever made. Physical objects ya get me. I can make anything.

Statues are literally freetime pass time creations I make for family and ****.

Belts, I've made a belt for nearly every fighting game known to man. My nephew is the current WSC Undisputed Smash Brothers World Champion...he has the belt to prove it.

Point is, I'm here, getting things commissioned shouldn't be an issue but if it did become one you already have a solution.
            Alright now we’re networking. I like this. I am dead serious. We can all do this. I do business development and sales / marketing for corporate jobs outside my military duties. I can plan press conferences, book venues and get advertisements/ endorsements for our belt.

You can design / make the belt. We need to push this trend hard.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
              Your heart is in the right place man, I agree with a lot of your points as the ABC’s are corrupt as f*** but I just don’t think creating another belt is the solution.

It will be so hard to gain traction, from fighters, promoters etc and it will be, ostensibly, just adding to the problem by adding yet another “world title” belt to the mix.

I just pay no attention to the ABC’s these days, I just recognise who the lineal or true #1 in the division. The belts are just objects and marketing tools nowadays.
              Facebook and amazon started in the garage. Look at the WBO that belt was an complete joke 20 years ago now Crawford is toting it around like it’s some kind reward.

We can definitely do something. We hand ppl from all walks of life here with many different skill sets.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
                I’m surprised they haven’t canned you yet
                Not because your idea is far from reality
                Actually cause you hit that dead on
                Who we chopping first , cause they’re all fughin thieves
                4 belts but when you shine franchise
                Imagine back in the day , they would of just taken care of the problem , swept under the rug
                Thieves I tell you
                And us like sheep barking but unfortunately not biting
                I would go after the WBO or WBA those are the weakest ones with out deep pockets.

We can definitely make some noise.

Comment

Originally posted by Smash View Post
                  good idea, the peoples belt

or the BS Belt (boxingscene ofc)

or the NotCaneloBelt (NCB)
                  I like the people’s champion belt or the boxingscene king belt.

Comment

Alright now we’re networking. I like this. I am dead serious. We can all do this. I do business development and sales / marketing for corporate jobs outside my military duties. I can plan press conferences, book venues and get advertisements/ endorsements for our belt.

You can design / make the belt. We need to push this trend hard.

Lmfao

I would go after the WBO or WBA those are the weakest ones with out deep pockets.

We can definitely make some noise.

You a sick man but far from wrong
                    It’s not deep pockets that you need , if I’m being bland and realistic
                    Lots of mofos eating from that tart
                    It wouldn’t be a one night hit lol
                    We’d be fighting for a while

Comment

Universal Champion. I'll try to explain without being too long winded.

It's the first, even before Lineal, Universal is the first form of world champion title. It was created by fans.

Lineal and Universal mean the same thing for most of history. Then sanctioning bodies happen and no one gives a **** about the old titles until the bodies split champions in the 70s. Then folks, fans, recreate or resurrect Lineal. Today they say lineal is a belt-less title. That's cool, who is to say they're wrong? Sure, everyone from Cribb in 1810 to Johnson in 1910 had a physical belt to take photos with, but, today lineal is a belt-less title. So that old belt those guys had. The Lion Skin from Cribb, the 10K of Gold from Sully, even the diamond encrusted original money belt from Sullivan currently in the HOF must have been for something else.

The Universal champion is the original Undisputed, the pre-body Undisputed. Lineal is simply the lineage, Universal recognizes the fan's recognition. These things, like I said, were married until the bodies came. Well, except for from 1820-1850 but that's a different story.

When the bodies came no one cared to bring historical context to the old champions. The 70s came and fans sought a means of a singular champion and from the old traditions created the new lineal title, the belt-less title.

Which leaves the equally old tradition of fans creating the most prestigious award in boxing, the Universal title, totally dead.

So, that's my argument. It's already a traditional title. We could already claim from Cribb to Johnson and just like the lineal guys we can retroactively claim the men we see fit from Johnson to Fury.

Okay, I tried not to ramble and it's still a bit long. That'll have to be it for my argument for universal....only, final point, I promise:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...xing_champions

edit- Okay, I failed to explain how something that was once one thing but since separated into two can possibly have one half older than the other. The lineal historians do not trace pre-Sullivan lineals. The Universal certainly can be and should.
                      Last edited by Marchegiano; 06-20-2020, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X