No announcement yet.

Gervonta will stop Lomachenko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Sh^t coulda went wrong last night. Sh^t could go wrong vs a random mfer.

There is always a push/pull thing going on with fighting better guys vs safer guys & sometimes even when you think you're fighting safer guys it can bite you in the ass like what just happened with Joshua.

Thats silly & you know it. 0's don't sell. Look at the 0's out there. Boxing would be HUGE right now if 0's mattered like that cuz there are like 4-5 0 guys in every division at a minimum probably.

I disagree. You gotta have a rival. Loma is his best potential rival right now. And if its NOT Loma its gonna have to be Shakur, Devin or Teofimo or someone younger & fresher so idk if avoiding Loma is gonna prevent risk from coming to the Tank household sooner or later & I think Tank is older than all those guys so he'll be aging out on them vs vice versa. And lil guys burn out quicker too. Odds are Tank gots 5-8 years to make something happen & then its all downhill.

With the current crop of opponents I'm leaning more your way than other people's way cuz I do still favor Loma myself, but I think he will & should fight 1 or 2 of these more legit guys at 130 before fighting Loma. Someone who's real (Farmer, JoJo, Herring &/or Berchelt). Someone who can maybe test him in ways he's not been tested. I think that fight or those fights will get him up to speed with what it'll take to fight & beat a guy like Loma. Once he contends with a more real guy for his level of skill I think thats when it'll become more evident to some people what Tank's real potential is in general & specifically to beat a guy like Loma. And if Tank looks as good winning vs real mfers as he looks beating these B League cuz I suspect that'll be the moment people will be flipping to Tank beats Loma & this whole narrative from the beginning to that present will shift & none of this bs people casually say now will matter.
    This is not what I want or think that will be good for Tank.
    You're not getting it.

I'm telling you what I think wil happen and how Floyd thinks.

Not what I personnaly hope, it that was me, I would do a 135 tournament with teo, tank, Loma, Berchelt, Gamboa, Farmer, Commey, Hanye and fck all that promoter nonsense.

But I don't expect Floyd at all to let Tank anywhere near Loma in the next years.

After all Floyd is right, the Tank hype is working right now, despite another can fight, maybe 4 in a row isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
      Davis doesn't believe you. Those twitter posts after Floyd tried to make the fight had him sounding like Shaggy from Scooby Doo. You could smell the stink of fear.
      most 22 year olds would kinda be hesistant to face a 30 year old seasoned and gifted guy like loma...tank was just getting his feet wet really

but its hilarous to listen to u folk though...cause when teofimo was running his mouth a few months ago you all cried he aint done nothing to earn it and hes not ready yet....but with tank???? oh its a different story

Comment

ROFL. man BS never gets old.

Tank's hommies be squirting and jeezing. Tank will do this, Tank can do that.

in reality - he aint doing ****

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
          most 22 year olds would kinda be hesistant to face a 30 year old seasoned and gifted guy like loma...tank was just getting his feet wet really

but its hilarous to listen to u folk though...cause when teofimo was running his mouth a few months ago you all cried he aint done nothing to earn it and hes not ready yet....but with tank???? oh its a different story
          I've always supported Lopez daring to be great and fighting Loma. You wont find a single post of me saying otherwise. My problem with Tank isn't him being afraid. My problem is/was him talking **** until faced with reality and his true colors showing. You cant be a champion and a prospect at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
            This is not what I want or think that will be good for Tank.
            You're not getting it.
            Don't understand what your suggesting then.

I'm telling you what I think wil happen and how Floyd thinks.
            Thats what I'm saying too. Cuz you can't sit on Tank forever.

Not what I personnaly hope, it that was me, I would do a 135 tournament with teo, tank, Loma, Berchelt, Gamboa, Farmer, Commey, Hanye and fck all that promoter nonsense.
            LOL thats nuts. First off good luck pulling that bs off. You got guys signed with like 4 different networks I think in there or some wild sh^t like that.

Second you got The Guy. Or one of the guys anyway if you don't think as highly of Tank as others do. You just need him to get through one or two real guys. You don't need some wonky ass tournament when he'd be a massive favorite over probably 5 guys in that tournament & those aren't even competitive fights.

The guys Tank needs to beat in his next fight or two are Farmer, Jo Jo, Herring or Berchelt. Most those other mfers aren't even on the long list. And Devin ain't did sh^t like THAT yet to be in with Tank or any of those guys listed although maybe he'll deserve to be soon.

But I don't expect Floyd at all to let Tank anywhere near Loma in the next years.

After all Floyd is right, the Tank hype is working right now, despite another can fight, maybe 4 in a row isn't it?
            Then Floyd is misplaying his hand by talking "PPV Star" all the time. You can't make a PPV star outta guy with no rival & without putting him in notable fights. And granted maybe Floyd IS misplaying his hand. This ain't Floyd's first rodeo. I remember when Weston Ferguson was Floyd's Tank Davis.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
              I've always supported Lopez daring to be great and fighting Loma. You wont find a single post of me saying otherwise. My problem with Tank isn't him being afraid. My problem is/was him talking **** until faced with reality and his true colors showing. You cant be a champion and a prospect at the same time.
              maybe you, particularly, didnt say it...but you know you saw it around here...and there were quite a bit of people saying it

i hear you about being a prospect and a champ at the same time...but you know boxing politics...guys are gifted title shots because of who theyre with and how much that outfit is willing to push and invest in them

loma did nothing in the pro ranks to earn a title shot in his 2nd fight but he got one(dont give me the amatuer pedigree as a reason...it means jack **** in the pro ranks)....thats just how it is sometimes....davis was then still a growing fighter...and he still is right now honestly

Comment

Working...
              X