Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could A Good Guy With A Taser Stop A Bad Guy With A Gun?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could A Good Guy With A Taser Stop A Bad Guy With A Gun?

Based on America's recent uptick in mass shootings, should we encourage the carrying of less lethal self protection devices? I agree wholeheartedly with the position it's not the guns, it's the people operating them. That being said, I've met women who couldn't handle a curling iron without burning themselves and men who've injured themselves using hand tools. I see the analogy between car and gun registration quite a bit, but I also see people driving, on a daily basis, that aren't competent at operating a motor vehicle. I don't think these people should be encouraged to carry around deadly weapons.

Originally posted by Gods We Faked View Post
    Based on America's recent uptick in mass shootings, should we encourage the carrying of less lethal self protection devices? I agree wholeheartedly with the position it's not the guns, it's the people operating them. That being said, I've met women who couldn't handle a curling iron without burning themselves and men who've injured themselves using hand tools. I see the analogy between car and gun registration quite a bit, but I also see people driving, on a daily basis, that aren't competent at operating a motor vehicle. I don't think these people should be encouraged to carry around deadly weapons.

Evidently you need special training to handle a taser I read only one in five officers went through protocol and are allowed to carry taser but 5 in 5 carry a gun

Comment

Probably not in most cases. First of all, a taser is only one shot at short range, plus if one probe misses or it has a malfunction you're done. If you miss that one shot you're done. Also, tasers have trouble going through thick clothing, hoodies are a big issue, any jacket will probably prevent the barbs from penetrating properly.

Comment

Having owned both, in some Bizzaro world where there was a Good Pea and a Bad Pea, Good Pea with a Taser is up shit creek with out a paddle against Bad Pea with a firearm.

Comment

I wouldn't want to bring a taser to a gun fight.

How about we just stop the false narrative portraying wrongful shootings by police officers as an epidemic and conflating it with racial issues. When cops, beyond reasonable doubt, are found to have acted criminally, they will be prosecuted as such. In rare cases, some might get away with criminal actions in the line of duty. I would rather that than the alternative.

There are far worse problems in our society than a handful of wrongful/questionable shootings by cops.

Comment

WTF???

Gun!
            Ever shot one???

Even a .22 cal can do massive damage!

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
              Having owned both, in some Bizzaro world where there was a Good Pea and a Bad Pea, Good Pea with a Taser is up shit creek with out a paddle against Bad Pea with a firearm.
              But in a reality where I'm forced to interact with idiots daily, I'd feel much safer if Cletus didn't come to my rescue Yosemite Sam style.

Originally posted by Mukuro View Post
              I wouldn't want to bring a taser to a gun fight.

How about we just stop the false narrative portraying wrongful shootings by police officers as an epidemic and conflating it with racial issues. When cops, beyond reasonable doubt, are found to have acted criminally, they will be prosecuted as such. In rare cases, some might get away with criminal actions in the line of duty. I would rather that than the alternative.

There are far worse problems in our society than a handful of wrongful/questionable shootings by cops.
              I'm not talking about going to gunfights, only being capable of debilitating some idiot if they pose a threat. I respect your right to a tangent, but my thread has approximately 0 to do with police. Lol at your final sentence, I'd say unjustified murders is about as big a problem as there is.

Comment

But in a reality where I'm forced to interact with idiots daily, I'd feel much safer if Cletus didn't come to my rescue Yosemite Sam style.
                I understand your point. But I'd trust a Cletus who has probably been shooting since he was knee high to a grasshopper with a tactically holstered .40 S&W over say a Tanner who has got to dig into his man purse made out of unicorn hearts to use his Taser.

Anyways, somebody starts shooting in public, I'm out.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                  I understand your point. But I'd trust a Cletus who has probably been shooting since he was knee high to a grasshopper with a tactically holstered .40 S&W over say a Tanner who has got to dig into his man purse made out of unicorn hearts to use his Taser.

Anyways, somebody starts shooting in public, I'm out.

There are no laws prohibiting conceal carry for anyone over 21 here. The majority of carriers here are people who never handled a gun before and feel the need to show it to people constantly because of the novelty. I'm actually much more worried about Tanner digging in his fanny pack and accidentally shooting me in an attempt to help.

Comment

- -Epic!!!

Squirt guns more range and easier to replenish in a firefight.

Plus U can take them home for the kiddos to play with!

Comment

Working...
                    X