Collapse
No announcement yet.

You can't be mad a Cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at it from both fighters' point of views, I can understand what they mean. Still dislike the bullshit catch weight.

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedMurderer View Post
      Tradition is respect.
      I couldn't give less of a **** about which guy walks first when we're being treated to a fight that everybody wants to see.

Why? Because ring walks don't matter. The fight itself does.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Both Pac and Mayweather let Cotto come in second, when he was the WBO and WBA champ at 147 and 154 respectively. And they really did have all the right in the world to get everything their way in negotiations.

There is swinging your dick in negotiations, and then there's being a dick in negotiations. You do one or the other, but never both. Cotto did both.

all i can say is; if Sergio is only at 85%, Cotto is in trouble

afterwards, i'm sure GGG would have no problem letting Sergio come in 2nd...that's what i really wanna see

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
          Martinez is just bitter that he's not a bigger star than he actually is, and I say that as a genuine fan of the guy. He's making a mountain out of a mole hill here.

All I've heard from him thus far is that Cotto is a diva and his demands were absurd. When asking specifically which demands those were multiple times the only thing he actually clarified was the stupid "I have to walk to the ring first" nonsense. Like boxing fans are so ******ed that they're going to see Martinez come out first with his belt and think that he's the challenger.

It's probably motivation for an aging athlete like you say, but we'll know for sure when we see how he conducts himself in the post fight interview. I get the feeling that he has genuine contempt (or jealousy) for Cotto.

Truth is Cotto is a Diva, and Champ should come in 2nd. Oh lets not forget the champ has to come in at 159lbs, lmao wtf

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            I am not mad at Cotto he is going after a big opportunity, I question his judgement in giving an old vet added coal for that fire in his belly which may have been waning.

If I am mad at anyone about this fight it is Martinez for giving a totally undeserving challenger a shot while the deserving challenger is out in the cold fighting scraps, I don't get why certain people are not up in arms about that when they get up in arms about all sorts of similar stuff.

But hey whatever it is happening whether I like it or not, so why not just enjoy the ride and see what the fight has to offer, you never know what surprises you may get.
            Martinez is understandably going for the biggest pay check possible. I would too, and so would every one that has posted in this thread, even those who are opposed to fighters fighting in the biggest money fights they can find. What Martinez is doing is basically making the money boxing politics refused him to get in his prime. He was ducked by several more popular fighters in the past for bigger money fights. Now he's in the same position doing the same thing that was done to him. Golovkin, who I assume is who you are speaking of, is getting the same thing done to him that happened to Martinez. He could be in the same position if he's good enough and goes through the equivalents of his Williams, Pavliks, Chavez Jr(lol which is Chavez Jr himself), Dzinzuruk, Cintron which would have to start at 168 if you think about it. Martinez went up in weight after getting tired of being ducked and was a small Middleweight at first, only now settling more into 160 and coming closer to 160 than in the past when he was 157-158. GGG's Williams, Pavliks, Dzinzuruk's and Cintron are at 168 in the form of Froch, Groves Kessler, Bika, E. Rodriguez. He's gonna have to beat those guys to get the recognition Martinez got.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
              Looking at it from both fighters' point of views, I can understand what they mean. Still dislike the bullshit catch weight.
              The CW means nothing. It's not even Cotto trying to gain an advantage, or wanting to weight drain Martinez. It's pointless and doesn't ruin the fight. It's like I said, Cotto swinging his dick and being a dick. That's a troll move.

Comment

Who cares? Martinez is cherry picking Cotto instead of fighting the best in his own division so let Cotto get the ring walk, his name first on the posters, one pound catch weight and whatever the hell he wants.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                  Who cares? Martinez is cherry picking Cotto instead of fighting the best in his own division so let Cotto get the ring walk, his name first on the posters, one pound catch weight and whatever the hell he wants.
                  He is 40 and about to retire. How can anybody blame him for going after the biggest possible payday? I doubt that anybody in his position would do different and go after GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Stark777 View Post
                    He is 40 and about to retire. How can anybody blame him for going after the biggest possible payday? I doubt that anybody in his position would do different and go after GGG.
                    Because some people are mature enough to remember when the good of the sport trumped business decisions and intelligent enough to lament the change.

Which is why it's so hilarious listening to Martinez piss and moan about the traditions of boxing while ducking his biggest challenger for years for easy paychecks.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
                      Because some people are mature enough to remember when the good of the sport trumped business decisions and intelligent enough to lament the change.

Which is why it's so hilarious listening to Martinez piss and moan about the traditions of boxing while ducking his biggest challenger for years for easy paychecks.
                      But you have to wonder why Cotto pissed and moaned and wouldnt sign the fight unless those demand were met. Its a bigger deal to cotto than anyone else.

Comment

Working...
                      X