Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't see how Keith Thurman would beat Floyd.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rors_mc View Post
    last i checked maidana has 3 kos in his last 4 fights against tougher guys then what thurman has been fighting
    That sir is false! Maidana Ko'd a taxi driver in Argentina, He Ko'd Josesito Lopez who aside from the Ortiz fight is extremely average, He Ko'd Soto Karass which in my opinion was an early stoppage, and He beat the dog sh%3 out of broner, but broner clearly was too small for the division. I do think Maidana is the most deserving for the Floyd fight though. Thurman beat Diego Chavez who is no world beater by any means, but I doubt Khan, the Ghost, or Paulie could beat Chavez. That fight alone makes me respect Thurman.

Comment

Thurman could beat floyd with a GLOCK 9mm.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth. View Post
        lol...

He ducked the fight mate, whatever the reason, he turned it down.

Thurman got caught with a big shot against Karass and took an awkward step forward because he was off balance, he wasn't hurt, otherwise he wouldn't have put his hands down and invited more pressure. That's the only good shot Karass landed the whole fight.

Thurman would every round and beat him far more impressively than Maidana did.
        Ok look at it this way. Thurman lost to Chavez. Would he fight Maidana in his next fight? **** no. You can call it a duck all you want. Fact is Maidana looked like **** in his first fight at 147. Why would he fight a huge undefeated WW with a high ko %?

It took Thurman longer to stop Karass then Maidana. Maidana did it first, he did it better. No way you can rate that win higher.

Oh and, he was hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Slider View Post
          Maidana stops Thurman IMO.
          Amen to that.

Thurman steps back after a mostly blocked combination then finds himself on his a*s from something he didn't see but felt like a cinder block.

Thurman v Canelo may be more interesting, I'd still like to see Thurman in one intermediate 'B' level fight first.

Comment

Originally posted by truth. View Post
            maidana's the best option at 147?
            yes he clearly is . Your over rating the **** out of thurman , he got rocked by soto karass and was wobbled and pple say he should of lost to diaz

Comment

Originally posted by truth. View Post
              maidana's the best option at 147?
              lost to chavez

Comment

Ok look at it this way. Thurman lost to Chavez. Would he fight Maidana in his next fight? **** no. You can call it a duck all you want. Fact is Maidana looked like **** in his first fight at 147. Why would he fight a huge undefeated WW with a high ko %?

It took Thurman longer to stop Karass then Maidana. Maidana did it first, he did it better. No way you can rate that win higher.

Oh and, he was hurt.
                Yes he would. Thurman has never turned a fight down.

And Thurman won every round against Karass and actually put him to sleep, Maidana was in a competitive fight with him and win via TKO, just 1 round earlier . Some even think the fight was stopped early, although I was alright with it.

Not sure how you can argue that Thurman's win wasn't more impressive...

Comment

yes he clearly is . Your over rating the **** out of thurman , he got rocked by soto karass and was wobbled and pple say he should of lost to diaz
                  He got caught with a big shot and took an awkward step forward, he wasn't hurt. Otherwise he wouldn't put his hands down and invite more pressure...

I suggest you actually watch the fight...

And he hasn't fought Diaz yet, you clearly don't know what you're talking about

lost to chavez
                  No, he KO'd Chaves and he was up on the cards anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth. View Post
                    Yes he would. Thurman has never turned a fight down.

And Thurman won every round against Karass and actually put him to sleep, Maidana was in a competitive fight with him and win via TKO, just 1 round earlier . Some even think the fight was stopped early, although I was alright with it.

Not sure how you can argue that Thurman's win wasn't more impressive...
                    Well I'm gonna agree to disagree. Fact is Thurman is still extremely unproven. He's a big guy at WW, and will continue to have success IMO, but he needs to show it first before he gets heralded as the next Floyd killer.

Comment

Maidana didn't take the fight because he was new to the division and just got his ass kicked by Alexander.

There is nothing Thurman has done to suggest he can beat Maidana. Karass consistently hurt and landed on him early on.

Your calling me ridiculous but you have put THurman on some pedestal before he has proven anything. Maidana has been proven or years.
                      maidana has proven to be a game fighter but he hasn't beaten an elite guy yet. Wins over lopez, karass, ortiz and broner are arguably wins against c level fighters. when he has stepped up to the b level with the likes of khan and alexander he is a proven loser. at this stage if the fight happened today maidana would give him a hell of a scrap but i see him getting battered late in the fight. alexander showed chino isn't a physically strong welter despite his punching power. thurman has both punching power and physical strength and that will be the difference.

Comment

Working...
                      X