Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dan Rafael: "CBS would televise Pac-Mosley 24/7 if the fight lands on Showtime PPV"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Rafael: "CBS would televise Pac-Mosley 24/7 if the fight lands on Showtime PPV"

from Fat Dan's chat today

Pribs (Bethlehem, PA): Hey Dan, any idea to what extent CBS would be involved if Pac-Mosley lands on Showtime PPV

Dan Rafael (12:08 PM): My understanding is that CBS' role would be to televise a 24/7-type series leading up to the fight, perhaps on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon or in late night. I would also imagine you would see CBS assets like the CBS Morning Show or David Letterman or whatever, have guests on related to promoting the fight, that sort of thing.
    http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat...ith-dan-rafael
    Yes
    91.49%
    No
    4.26%
    Maybe
    4.26%

That honestly sounds like an awesome idea

It wouldnt be as flashy as HBO's 24/7 but i like it

Comment

that would be great for boxing even though i hate this fight

Comment

The only people that watch CBS are 70 year old geriatrics and their sports coverage sucks ass!

Comment

No way

On HBO it is raw and non filtered

On CBS it is nothing more than *bleeps* (maybe lol) and more condensed.

Now if CBS had the Whole fight for free despite the fact that I perfer HBO then fine but then again I just contradicted myself but whatever

*Edit*
          What I mean for Raw and non Filtered does not neccesarly mean excessive language, what I mean is that you have more liberties to be yourself and not get as censored language or otherwise as on major networks.

With HBO it's like a film every detail,notice,and transgression for all eyes to see and between you and me I feel Mosley is going to be a little more than humble this time around in order to prove that he is not shot nor past it.

But whatever though all that matters is that we enjoy it and I guess in retrospect for all those that don't have HBO I guess showing it on CBS is fine(FREE!!!!) but I really think it would be better on HBO.
          Last edited by BxFanViento; 01-21-2011, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BxFanViento View Post
            On HBO it is raw and non filtered

Now if CBS had the Whole fight for free despite the fact that I perfer HBO then fine but then again I just contradicted myself but whatever
            thats ok coz neither guys need censorship anyways......

Comment

Originally posted by BxFanViento View Post
              On HBO it is raw and non filtered:boxing:

This is Mosley-Pac

Not Toney-Arreola

Comment

So if CBS does the 24/7 for Showtime is it safe to say there will no 24/7 for Cotto/Mayorga? If they did who ever does the bleeping would deserve a massive raise.

Comment

CBS owns Showtime.

Comment

CBS reaches a lot more people.

Comment

Working...
                    X