No announcement yet.

Ali Funeka and Joan Guzman Ends in a Horrible Draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by illpapi View Post
    PEOPLE! Listen, a lot of you want to be unbiased and for the most part you are but not 100%. Ok, I am a Guzman fan and I won't hide it---HE LOST---there is no arguing that, period!
    Now, was Guzman bad? NOPE! Before you start jumping on me read what I'm about to write next. If you look at the first two rounds he won those rounds by a landslide and Funeka could not touch him (if you don't agree with that you were not watching the same fight). In other words in the first two rounds he made Funeka look average.
    Now, this is what I think what happened. I think Guzman got a little to confident and comfortable after the first 2 roudns. That's when he got a little too aggressive and BOOM!! Funeka lands a bomb and broke his nose. After he got hurt like that with all the blood coming down constantly it changed everything (at that point you could tell that Guzman was no longer the same. I suspect he was afraid he would get hit on the nose again. I couldn't imagine what it's like to get hit on a broken nose...that's got to be painful. No doubt about that!
    So, there is my take on what happened with that fight. I strongly believe that if they fight again Guzman wins UNLESS he gets another broken nose in the first couple of rounds. Believe that!
    Oh, and one more thing....Guzman was rusty after all. Had not fought in a while.
    Broken Nose and rusty.
    Broken nose because guess what he is a boxer and that happens...oh well, he isnt the first boxer in history who fought with a broken nose and lost, some even won.
    Rusty? Its his own fault he has been hugging that 0 for dear life. Im sorry is it someone else's fault he doesn't fight often?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
      I want to say one thing though, Guzman's inactivity, cut over the eye, broken nose. You gotta hand it to Guzman, he has HEART. Screw the ****ing judges, Funeka won. One thing though, Guzman > Funeka in a rematch!
      You really think so?

uLOL. hhahahahahahahah

Comment

• Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
        I want to say one thing though, Guzman's inactivity, cut over the eye, broken nose. You gotta hand it to Guzman, he has HEART. Screw the ****ing judges, Funeka won. One thing though, Guzman > Funeka in a rematch!
        Originally posted by Dondi33O View Post
        Broken Nose and rusty.
        Broken nose because guess what he is a boxer and that happens...oh well, he isnt the first boxer in history who fought with a broken nose and lost, some even won.
        Rusty? Its his own fault he has been hugging that 0 for dear life. Im sorry is it someone else's fault he doesn't fight often?
        That's right.

----

again. the CUDDA WUDDA GANG of Guzman

to Guzman

Just win. god dammit other fighters have done it. You're suppose to be a Mayweather type fighter. Just fight some good fighters and win. Your fans are looking more stupid after each of your scheduled fight.

Comment

• Sure I thought the Decision was ****ty..

but was I the only one impressed with Guzman?..

he showed versatility, and tremendous heart!..

I expected Guzman to put on a clinic and move around on Funeka and expected him to win via UD with his normal style..but then the first bell rung and he went AT HIM like a Pitbull!!..I was a lil shocked and saw that he was being more agressive than usual..and actually liked how Guzman looked..

He's a threat!...without the big ass Noggin of Funeka crackin a cut open on Guzman and that broken nose (keep those hands UP Joan) I feel that Guzman can actually take it to Funeka..Funeka just reminds me of Williams..I feel like it's cheating sometimes..but weightclasses are weightclasses..and I think Guzman did a HELL of a job even if he got the gift to keep that '0'

Comment

• Just because a guy’s bleeding all over the place it doesn’t necessarily mean he’s getting his clock cleaned. From my couch I scored Joan Guzman-Ali Funeka 114-114, the same as two of the judges. … http://www.ringtv.com/blog/1365/leot...ok_in_the_end/

Comment

• Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
              Just because a guy’s bleeding all over the place it doesn’t necessarily mean he’s getting his clock cleaned. From my couch I scored Joan Guzman-Ali Funeka 114-114, the same as two of the judges. … http://www.ringtv.com/blog/1365/leot...ok_in_the_end/
              Blood had nothing to do with it. Guzman got whooped (period).
              "From my couch I scored Joan Guzman-Ali Funeka 114-114"
              With that statement you just discredited yourself and pretty much any opinion you have on boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
                Just because a guy’s bleeding all over the place it doesn’t necessarily mean he’s getting his clock cleaned. From my couch I scored Joan Guzman-Ali Funeka 114-114, the same as two of the judges. … http://www.ringtv.com/blog/1365/leot...ok_in_the_end/
                Really? Are you sure you didn't score it 118-110 for Guzman?

Comment

Working...
                X