Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Pavlik or JMM vs. Mayweather. Equally (un)fair?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    What was their weight at birth? Analogy flawed.
    Don't be ridiculous...

Comment

• The most stupidest thread of all time.

Mayweather could not even weigh in at 154, and you think he would get near 158 now???

JMM fight night is 141 while Floyd is 148. 7 pounds difference
      Mayweather at 158 would be 158 fight night while Pavlik would be 175. 17 pounds difference

If Pavlik had a 2 years lay off and fought PBF at catchweight, Floyd would win

Comment

Yeah. Maybe he has grown into 147 and really cannot make 140. Thatjust underlines the unfairness towards JMM and exposes Floyd for avoiding a real WW.
        So its ok for Floyd to weigh 140 and possibly be weak, but not ok for Cotto to weigh 140 and come in possibly
        weak.

Comment

I didn't know that they had agreed on 143. I'm not entirely updated however as the last I read was either 144 or 145. Are you sure?

To me you are a WW if you weigh in without breaking the 147 barrier. Both Hearns and Leonard did despite a very visible sizedifference.

Please give me your honest opinion as to what weight you think it would be fair to stage the JMM-PBF fight at. By fair I mean in such a way that both fighters fight at a weight they are equally uncomfortable.
          That's what was said at the press conference last week, but then they said it was not sure, anyways 143 is the latest number we have I think.

I don't know. We don't know because we never saw Marquez fighting someone 5lbs heavier than him, or Mayweather going down in weight.

In general I am against fighters going down in weight. It is ALWAYS bad for them, not just in the single fight, but for the remainder of their careers/

I said it many times about this fight. The size difference is small, ppl bitching about it ridiculous. Especially wen you consider what happened in the 40s -50s with fighters 10lbs (and more) apart fighting each other day in day out.

But one thing is sad, and I really dislike: the fact that p4p#2 can be used as a tune up.

Mayweather makes more money than by fighting a bigger lesser man, which is what a tune up usually is. Marquez makes more money than in any other fight available to him. So they are both doing what's best for them. It is the system which is flawed.

Comment

Then why not fight at 140 if he's at a disadvantage at welter?

And I think it was a bitchy move giving me red and calling me an idiot instead of just arguing your case.
            as you can tell, I argued my point, and effectively, as you gave me red karma as a result of it. I gave you red k because with this thread and your posts you have proven you are ignorant and know little about the sport of boxing, yet parade your opinions as though they are facts.
            Dont take it personal, kid. Ill give red k to anyone who foolishly makes comparisons between Marquez v Mayweather and Mayweather v Pavlik.

Comment

• i think floyd can beat pavlik tbh.

jmm has no chance to beat floyd imo.

Comment

• Bump!.......................

Comment

• Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
                  I thought you're suppose to be a respectable poster. this thread is a crock of ****. marquez is 5'7 and mayweather is 5'8. end of story.

pacquiao gave hatton at 140 the most brutal knockout that he has never even given to any fighter in the lower weight classes. stop with this weight class BS cuz it's just hate talk. its a fair fight.
                  Making a guy move up 2 weight divisions is just the same of you yourself going up 2 divisions.

Isnt common sense being taught in ur schools?

Comment

• Originally posted by wmute View Post
                    That's what was said at the press conference last week, but then they said it was not sure, anyways 143 is the latest number we have I think.

I don't know. We don't know because we never saw Marquez fighting someone 5lbs heavier than him, or Mayweather going down in weight.

In general I am against fighters going down in weight. It is ALWAYS bad for them, not just in the single fight, but for the remainder of their careers/

I said it many times about this fight. The size difference is small, ppl bitching about it ridiculous. Especially wen you consider what happened in the 40s -50s with fighters 10lbs (and more) apart fighting each other day in day out.

But one thing is sad, and I really dislike: the fact that p4p#2 can be used as a tune up.

Mayweather makes more money than by fighting a bigger lesser man, which is what a tune up usually is. Marquez makes more money than in any other fight available to him. So they are both doing what's best for them. It is the system which is flawed.
                    And of course gayweather comes out as a ***** which he what he really is.

And a racist too.

And a liar.

Among other things.

Comment

• Originally posted by joartcc5 View Post
                      Making a guy move up 2 weight divisions is just the same of you yourself going up 2 divisions.

Isnt common sense being taught in ur schools?
                      That post you referred to, as well as several others in this thread, is based on what has now been proven to be a misconception namely that Floyd isn't really a welter.

Even the most obnoxious floydstans should acknowledge that now.

Comment

Working...
                      X