Cottos march opponent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
    It would be epic

I generally dislike Bradley...just something about him is off, but I think he's a good fighter and a good test. He's physically big, and fast. Just a good measure to see if Cotto can still hang with the speedy boys. He had no problem before, but the Pac fight showed that the speed was a problem, yet the Foreman fight showed he can...so I'm wondering which is it.
    A dream fight, but Bradley fights exclusively at 140 and occasionally at 147 while Cotto is now at 154 and I don't think he can get down to 147 anymore...

Comment

after what Pacman did to Marg he should just take Manny and Shane's leftovers batter him for some good money while Margarito is still a draw

Comment

Originally posted by borikua View Post
        He should get Diziznruk(SP?) title in March, fight Cheato in June-July, and then Martinez, Chavez Jr, or Canelo at the end of the year.
        Thats a nice blueprint because the first fight would be safe for one and give him ultimate gain with another belt in the fold...

It gets tougher from there though as I don't think he would be favored to beat Tony...

Comment

Originally posted by borikua View Post
          He should get Diziznruk(SP?) title in March, fight Cheato in June-July, and then Martinez, Chavez Jr, or Canelo at the end of the year.
          If I was Cotto, I wouldn't fight Chavez Jr. or Canelo

He is setting himself to be nothing more than a name opponent if he does so. I wouldn't risk taking an L against up and comers, he already did all that. He either fights the big boys or retires. Tune ups should be against no-hopers and no names, not money generating prospects IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Double A 215 View Post
            A dream fight, but Bradley fights exclusively at 140 and occasionally at 147 while Cotto is now at 154 and I don't think he can get down to 147 anymore...
            Bradley has stated that he'd go up to 154 to fight Cotto as a one time thing. They are about the same size, so I don't see the problem.

Comment

Cotto should fight Wolak for a tune up, I don't se Pawel doing much to Cotto while Cotto gets decent amount of rounds countering Wolak all fight long getting a UD.

Comment

no tune up fight, gimme margarito in march at msg and we take it from there.

Comment

Originally posted by thephantom5 View Post
                  Bradley-Cotto would be epic.
                  Co-sign..

in a sense I'd hate to see them go at it..my 2 current favorite, but they NEVER back down from a fight..and it would be a GREAT one...I'd favor Cotto to win, I wouldn't mind seeing a Cotto-Cintron fight..

Comment

I think people that are talking the Martinez-Cotto fight is getting ahead of themselves.

Why not talk about the Martinez-Margarito II fight? I mean since the article said Martinez will get the winner of Margarito-Cotto(there is also another article where it says that the winner would get a rematch with Pac FYI).

The Margarito-Cotto II fight is really an even fight, maybe the slight edge to Cotto but is not a guarantee win so need to get ahead of ourselves.

If he wants to fight in March, as a tune up then it has to be a soft touch. K9 has a mandatory against Sechew Pawell so he is not going to be able to.

Dzinziruk is not a soft touch, you don't take him off as a tune up. Is not a guarantee win for Cotto either. He just too dangerous so take him off.

Kermit Cintron could be a good money fight in NY or Puerto Rico. But, he might too hard and might worry some... But, you should put him down as a maybe.

I like El Mas Mejor suggestion in Pawel Wolak. That is the best fight in March for Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                      I think people that are talking the Martinez-Cotto fight is getting ahead of themselves.

Why not talk about the Martinez-Margarito II fight? I mean since the article said Martinez will get the winner of Margarito-Cotto(there is also another article where it says that the winner would get a rematch with Pac FYI).

The Margarito-Cotto II fight is really an even fight, maybe the slight edge to Cotto but is not a guarantee win so need to get ahead of ourselves.

If he wants to fight in March, as a tune up then it has to be a soft touch. K9 has a mandatory against Sechew Pawell so he is not going to be able to.

Dzinziruk is not a soft touch, you don't take him off as a tune up. Is not a guarantee win for Cotto either. He just too dangerous so take him off.

Kermit Cintron could be a good money fight in NY or Puerto Rico. But, he might too hard and might worry some... But, you should put him down as a maybe.

I like El Mas Mejor suggestion in Pawel Wolak. That is the best fight in March for Cotto.
                      I don't think Cintron is a good match-up for Cotto though i'd love to see the fight...

Comment

Working...
                      X