Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one not impressed with Boxing at all right now??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R-C View Post
    Anyone not excited for boxing this year, probably shouldn't be writing on a boxing forum. Maybe OP should check out UFC, they have KO's every card.
    Actually, yesterday main event at UFC 209 was such a lackluster. There was around 4 punch thrown per round, both fighters standing in front of each others, waiting for the other one to make a move, fainting, but nobody did commit for 5 very long rounds.

Funny thing is that the two fighters, Thompson and Woodley, are actually beasts at 170. But it just look like the more the UFC fighters will be top notch, the more we will see theses kind of performance, with guyz been extremly cautious, with less action, less mistake. And it might become like some of the top boxing fights, more a matter of sweet science than 2 sluggers comming at each others.

But dont mistake me, i don't think Thurman was doing pretty stuff out there yesterday, for the last 4 rounds he litterally ran for his life and didn't win thoses rounds.

Comment

Fighting once or twice a year will not instill dedication to the sport. All we have are fighters trying to make the most money with very little to give. Fight like last night was considered a megafight in today's standards because that's all the sport have to offer.

Comment

Originally posted by B.U.R.N.E.R View Post
        I used to obsess over boxing but now this shyt means nothing to me.

These fighters on top right now are all frauds. I really tried to get back into the sport last night. I tired but the fight was horrible.

Like Keith Thurman is todays version of a top WW? What in the actual hell has the sport come to? I cant believe Im watching UFC prelims over legit boxing fights. Im really sad about this sh.t because I want to like the sport but there are no fighters worth a damn.

We live in a world where freaking Keith Thurman is 28-0. What in the hell.
        I enjoying this year so far. I don't know what the hell you are talking about. I hope you enjoyed your pre-lims because I enjoyed last night fights.

Comment

Some great fights happening right now & later this year. 147-154 are stacked a new wave of fighters about to clash in these divisions. What more would anyone want??

Comment

These fighters on top right now are all frauds. I really tried to get back into the sport last night. I tired but the fight was horrible.

Like Keith Thurman is todays version of a top WW? What in the actual hell has the sport come to? I cant believe Im watching UFC prelims over legit boxing fights. Im really sad about this sh.t because I want to like the sport but there are no fighters worth a damn.

They are not frauds, they are climbing a ladder to become great. Last nights fight was very good. You can't say ufc prelims boxing because who has more a** on the seats and who is making more money and why do boxers get more bucks (especially since they under Al...)? This division is worth watching cuz win lose or draw they all can fight each other, they are all good match ups. Sometimes people need to taste the sport to respect it. Give it a shot.

Comment

Boxing's seen this steady decline for years. Just look at a p4p list from the early 2000s and now. Hell, look at one from like 2007 and now.

I doubt this decline ends anytime soon.

Comment

I wonder if any division is in better shape right now than it was a decade ago. I'm sure one or two are, but as a whole they have to be much worse across the board.

Comment

I feel the same way at times... I still follow the smaller divisions because I personally believe they put the better fights on but I don't get the hype at WW. Thurman is Basic, Porter is messy, although I'm a fan of Danny I know he's limited, Khan is chinny, etc.. etc... I just don't get the hype. So far most fights at the weight have bored me haha.

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
                  Exactly how I feel. I used to be nuts about boxing but it isn't the same. I still love it but the passion isn't the same.

C'mon man. Average fighters like Thurman and Garcia are regarded as the top dogs in Boxing , fukin seriously? Lol

I'm not overly impressed by Spence either cuz I've seen many young fighters like him come and go. He is just one of many.. he isn't that great
                  But but but.. Thurman is undefeated doe, he the best... clearly.

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                  Negativity spreads faster than positivity. We don't need this kind of vibe here.

<--- MMA forum that way
                  Door that way --->

See your way out, mate.

Negativity? Positivity? Sounds like b!tch talk to me, bruh. Man up and admit that one of the "hottest" divisions in our beloved sport is riddled with overhyped, average joe club fighters.

it's still all love

Comment

Actually the quality of boxing on professional level is at an all time low in my opinion. When you have fighters like Keith Thurman, Danny Garcia and Kell Brook at the top of welterweight division you know it's bad.

Comment

There is no best fighting the best so far, its a weeding out process at the moment. I do think thurman is the best welterweight, but now he has to clean up, and then he'll need an equal.

I also dont see keith as levels below pacquiao or mayweather, just a different mentality on these young guys. They have seen a lot and have been fed alot of information from the past, so although it doesnt look like progress, they are just a little smarter about their careers.

The old men are the ones giving us the fights of old.

On another note, thurman showed improvment in this fight, his straight right has gotten better, would like for him to now develop a jab.
                      Last edited by SplitSecond; 03-05-2017, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X