No announcement yet.

Ruslan Provodnikov is the only fighter Mayweather can't bully on the inside

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
    That fight was relatively early on in Provo's career. It was a learning experience; a loss is not necessarily indicative how a fighter will fight in the future. Hell, if Ruslan faced Herrera in a rematch he'd be heavily favored and rightfully so
    Early??? That was just a couple years ago. Styles make fights and Herrera had his number and so would Floyd. Solid Boxers give Prov trouble and Floyd is more than just a solid boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      I think it was a close fight that could have gone either way depending on what you liked from both fighters, its not like it was a decisive loss.
      It was a clear victory by a Boxer who is not in the same universe as Floyd when it comes to skills. Prov would be busted up by Floyd and walk into and eat counters till his face turned elephant man.
      Last edited by richardt; 11-05-2013, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacquiao'd View Post
        You described canelo. Y'all keep underrating ghosts performance against Floyd. While he was outclassed, he saw what he needed to do and did, Floyd's just too many steps ahead of the competition
        No, I described Ghost

Comment

Floyd couldn't bully Robert either. He'll just clinch and look to the ref to separate them.

Comment

Provodnikov applies a lot of pressure but Mayweather would be able to nullify his attack with crisp accurate counters. Bradley went life and death with Provodnikov because he couldn't effectively blunt his attack. I also think Provodnikov was faster than Bradley anticipated. He couldn't see his punching coming like he did Marquez. Mayweather's ring IQ is far better than Bradley and he would not put himself in the same position Bradley put himself in.

Comment

Provodnikov is a mid range fighter and that's where he does his damage. Bradley actually nullified Provodnikov on the inside; completely smothered his work and Provodnikov didn't have a clue how to deal with it.

Comment

Yeah I agree with you, but if the fight were to play out I mosdef see May coming out on top because all I really see Floyd doing is picking him of with jabs and counters on every shot thrown by Ruslan.

IF May were to stay knit in the pocket thats where I see Ruslan deadly and for obvious reason. I see Ruslan as one of the hardest hitters within the proximity of his weight division.

Comment

Working...
                X