Learning boxing through online courses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learning boxing through online courses

Hey guys ,

I'm working out in muay thai for 2 month , and things are going kinda well , but I want to take it little bit more serious since the gym that I working out is open only twice a week and I think I able doing more .

there isn't any gym where I live that give lessons more then twice a week , boxing gym doesn't exist at all here , that's the reason why I drill muay thai.

so I wonder if it's a good Idea to purchase some of the online programs that runs on youtube and ect' or its just a waste of time and money .

so let me know what you think guys and have a nice day!

Out of curiosity where are you located? I wouldn't buy anything, though. There's nothing in a paid-for-program that you can't find on the internet somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertPrince View Post
      Hey guys ,

I'm working out in muay thai for 2 month , and things are going kinda well , but I want to take it little bit more serious since the gym that I working out is open only twice a week and I think I able doing more .

there isn't any gym where I live that give lessons more then twice a week , boxing gym doesn't exist at all here , that's the reason why I drill muay thai.

so I wonder if it's a good Idea to purchase some of the online programs that runs on youtube and ect' or its just a waste of time and money .

I promise you its a complete waste of money. You can't make a fighter online. A coach has to be watching you whenever you train to see your mistakes and push you.

Comment

Watching instructional videos is better than nothing, but doesn't come anywhere close to having an actual coach/trainer and partners to do drills and spar with.

Comment

Kids today, online, are too impatient to learn the fundamentals. You tell them to use their jab with some movement and all that they'll give you are uppercuts and hooks, which are absolute garbage punches the way that they throw them. The kids today don't want to put any real work in and would rather look 'flashy' while they throw their garbage hooks and uppercuts. To the untrained eye they might look good, but to the trained eye they just look like ****. Kids today are too impatient and I am done trying to help them, their mentality is garbage, just as their punches and moves in general are ****. You could learn a bit on line but I am not going to try to help a dog who just runs wild and asks me to look at his 'boxing'. These kids are just going through the motions of punching and their boxing looks like pure trash.....Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by VegasMichael View Post
            Out of curiosity where are you located? I wouldn't buy anything, though. There's nothing in a paid-for-program that you can't find on the internet somewhere.
            I'm from Israel mate

Comment

Hey guys ,

Well... shadow boxing, the bag, footwork can ALL be learnt through online coaching.

What you can’t learn online is how to evade punches and land clean blows to a moving object.

Comment

I'm from Israel mate
                I wouldnt trust online course if you want to learn how to actually fight, just for exercise would cause no concern.

Comment

I read and follow this guy from a site called expert boxing. He's pretty in depth with breaking things down. Also some good reviews on gloves and shoes. I think its worth some exploration for anyone interested. Not the end all for learning how to box, but a lot of info there and bound to pick up a few things. Free

Comment

Originally posted by Eastbound View Post
                    I read and follow this guy from a site called expert boxing. He's pretty in depth with breaking things down. Also some good reviews on gloves and shoes. I think its worth some exploration for anyone interested. Not the end all for learning how to box, but a lot of info there and bound to pick up a few things. Free
                    Was he an actual former amateur, pro or trainer?

Comment

Working...
                    X