Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mayweather Punch Drunk Or Just Really Dumb?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by All in View Post
    He didn't get hit much, so....
    He got hit a ton in sparring I assure you. You can't tell how much damage a pro boxer has taken over multiple decades just from their televised fights.

Getting to that level of expertise requires getting hit about 10,000,000 times in the gym. Like that old clip of him and Spadafora.
    Last edited by ////; 01-15-2017, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Maidana is partly to blame

Comment

He is just uneducated but filthy rich so does it really matter?
        Plus I doubt you can get punch drunk on a few shots to the head

Comment

I think he deliberately talks that way in certain situations. Takes forever to make his point and makes people wait for him to finish. If he gets flustered or upset he can still talk quickly.

I think he struggles to articulate his thoughts though. His vocabulary is not the widest you'll come across and he has to think his way through his arguments. The emphasis he puts on a new word he's learned makes me laugh at times.

Comment

Mayweather jr has never been too articulate with words i personally dont think this interview shows him slower than others. I will say he"s been boxing sice a kid so I assure you he does have perminate damage from boxing some where

Comment

When he is doing his personal streams or videos he sounds alot better but still has that stutter he had since he was probably born.

But when he is doing press or something public he has a lot of hesitation and pausing like he is afraid to say something to incriminate his self lol.

Comment

Originally posted by All in View Post
                He didn't get hit much, so....
                If Willie Pep and Wilfred 'El Radar' Benitez could suffer serious brain damage then so could Floyd. It's a lottery. Being a goood defensive fighter doesn't guarantee you anything.

Comment

Floyd is naturally awkward when he's not acting and just being himself. He's a good actor though. When he's trying to be Pretty Boy...or TBE.. he plays the part pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    He's simply just a stupid person

The only thing he knows is how to box and the business side of boxing.

He can't have an intelligent conversation about anything else.
                    He's an awful fu*king ****** when it comes down to it. I'd love to listen to him talk about boxing if he was able to talk about it. But he's unbearable to listen to. Half-baked theories and arguments that anyone could dismiss immediately if they were allowed to respond to him.

That **** about Virgil Hunter is just the latest example. 'He can't be a good trainer if he didn't fight' and 'he's never been in a crunch moment'.

Angelo Dundee's 'You're blowing it kid' furing Leonard-Hearns is probably the No.1 'trainer crunch moment' people think of in the entire history of the sport. Also trained Ali through his biggest fights. Never fought himself. Or how about Ray Arcel? 20+ world champions. Never fought.

It's this sort of dumb **** that makes him impossible to listen to. Especially as he is totally incapable of handling it when someone contradicts him or points out an obvious gap in his reasoning.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      He's simply just a stupid person

The only thing he knows is how to box and the business side of boxing.

He can't have an intelligent conversation about anything else.
                      Not to **** on him but I agree. Floyd is just a stupid dude.

Comment

Working...
                      X