Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Edges Golovkin With Majority Decision in Action Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by megas30 View Post
    I feel Canelo won and that people are overlooking his body work. Dude was eating at GGG's body.
    It was beautuful to watch. Canelo is a complete boxer. Between fight 1 and 2 you see all of his tools. The adjustments were visible too. The kid earned his place in history tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
      I'm confused as to how the 12th was scored for Canelo. GGG clearly won the first minute and a half and the last minute and a half was kinda even, so how was that a Canelo round?
      This is what i'm wondering too boxing is crazy and the judging system is so wonky like no straight across the board standard. It is what it is, both men gave us our money's worth and got super paid for it. So fook it.

Comment

• Canelo lost but it is what it is....golovkin took over the latter part of the fight and hurt canelo in 3 of the last 4 rounds.
        Canelo was game and showed true heart but he was busted up and getting overun with golovkins power shots.
        These HBO commentators are something else when they say that golovkin maybe ahesd after 6 rounds and yet it doesnt tell the story of the fight so if golovkin took over in the 2nd hafl of the fight how on earth can they say canelo has it....work that one out lol

Comment

• I can't stand Oscar and I don't really care about Canelo or GGG, but let's be real, the body shots Canelo threw were the difference. GGG turned into a defensive fighter and moved backwards most of the night. I'm a boxing fan, I will give Canelo respect and acknowledge that he won.

Comment

• IM still baffled that anyone saw GGG winning the 12th. Eh ran. at one point Canelo put both hands down and said lets fight. while he GGG ran.

Comment

• Originally posted by turnedup View Post
              Credit to Alvarez for having an iron chin and I have given him a lot of s**t for being pampered. A win...ugh...can't say I agree with the result of the fight, thought he lost and got outlanded in plenty of rounds BUT....i'm not a paid judge so fk it. Congrats. I said it earlier this week, you don't want to go to 12 rounds with Alvarez in a ring, we saw why when he fought Floyd.
              So robbing a fighter of his 4 belts is OK because it's expected?

GGG might be the most screwed fighter all time.

He will never put a finger on the lineal 160 belt, Martinez and Cotto ducked him holding the lineage in hostage, he waited for Canelo X years then got arguably robbed twice. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
                I don't get how Canelo won the same way that Golovkin supposedly lost the 1st fight. Golovkin was slipping a loottt of Saul's punches. Yeah Canelo landed but Golovkin fought a fight people thought he couldn't. Coming forward I guess only works for Alvarez
                No, man. Just no. Canelo went forward and landed the harder shots and a good deal more of them. One guy stepping back isnt the same as another. You’re reaching.

I thought Canelo won the first rounds quite clearly and the last two. The 12th was an obvious Canelo round as well.

I didn’t count them out but it just seemed like Canelo won. There were times I’d see Lederman’s card and go “what? No way.”

Canelo out fought GGG. Didnt take a step back and made GGG retreat. There were some mid rounds where Canelo was really punishing him. GGG manned up and put it on the line but Canelo wasn’t having it and everytime GGG would land a big shot, Canelo would back him off with two.

People just dont want to give Canelo credit but imo, he won off landing more power shots and coming forward and forcing GGG to land a lot of those jabs going backwards.

If you thought GGG won the 12th, you dont bother at all to watch both fighters. It was a Canelo round. Quite clearly.

The smaller man accused of running came in and took the fight to GGG and made him retreat the entire fight. GGG and Canelo have some of the most insane chins Ive ever seen.
                Last edited by NearHypnos; 09-15-2018, 11:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                  so you want to give him the round based on 1 punch landed that didn't cause a knockdown, despite the fact that he was clearly outlanded the entire round?
                  You score the round based on damage done. Canelo did more damage in the 12th round. That punch i'm talking about caused golovkin to start bleeding. It was a thudding monsterous shot. Middle of the 12 round. Remember what I'm talking about when You watch the replay.

Comment

• Canelo won, I have no problem with the close Decision

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
                      You need to remove your bias. Canelo definitely won this fight 7 rounds to 5. There were certainly close rounds but Canelo won a close but clear decision.
                      Put up your scorecard

Comment

Working...
                      X